Break ups and Roadtrips.

Lucas's POV
Today I finally get to give Maya her surprise. I've been waiting all week for this and now it is finally happening. I'm pretty sure Maya already knows though because before school started I texted her to bring a bathing suit. I got into my car waiting for Maya and then I got a text.
Maya: Sorry, going to be running late because Riley wants to talk to me. I texted back ok and then I decided to text Missy.
Lucas: Hey.
Missy: What do you want? I'm busy talking to my friend, Alison.
Lucas: I need you to come to the parking lot. We need to talk.
Missy: Fine. I can't believe you're making me ditch my friends for you.
I know we're in a fake relationship but can she at least act like she cares about me. Five minutes later, Missy shows up and says "Hurry up and say what you want to say because me and Alison are heading to the mall." The worst part is if this was a real relationship, people would definitely see a break up with us. We know nothing about each other. Even when our parents hang out we don't talk to each other. I just play video games while she face times Alison. Don't ask me about her because I don't even know who she is. "So?" Missy says in an annoyed tone. "I think we should break up." I said. "What?!" She says in an angry tone. "You heard me." I said being confident. "Liam, you agreed we keep this thing going until Senior year." Missy said. "First of all, my name is Lucas. And I don't want to keep this going because you're annoying, bitchy, you don't know my name, and you cheated me at least 5 times." I said acting more confident then ever. "Fine, there are a whole bunch of boys who would rather be my boyfriend anyway." Missy said walking away.

Two minutes later, Maya shows up in this cool outfit. (You know where.) I haven't seen her all day. "Sup, Hopalong." She says. I give her a weird look. "Hopalong?" I said. "It is one of the many nicknames I have for you." She says. "Ok." I said. "So where are we going? Oh wait I already know because of your text. The beach!" Maya said. "Yep. Now get in the car so we can go." I said. She gets in the passenger seat and I get in the drivers seat ready to go.

10 minutes on the road and Maya asks me a question. "Wait, where are we going?" Is her question. "We're going to Maine for the weekend." I said. "What? Lucas we can't go away for the weekend. That's crazy." She says. "Come on, Maya. It will be fun." I said. "No, Lucas. My mom is going to get worried about me and then she'll ask Riley if she is at her house. Riley will say no and start to wonder where I am." Maya said. "Maya, just text Riley and say she has to pretend you are at her house and text your mom saying you're staying at Riley's house for the weekend." I said. "Ok." Maya says as she starts texting. A couple of minutes later, Maya got a response. "Riley says she'll do it. My mom just said ok." Maya said. "Great. So now are you ready for the roadtrip to Maine." I said. She nods as I keep on driving blasting the music because today was a good. Wait scratch that. Today was a great day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys. I hoped you liked the chapter. Next chapter it will a day at the beach and finding out more about Lucas. Love you guys.
~Riley 😜😎
Words: 629