Hanging Out With The Crush

I walked into school and all I could see were people whispering about something. I see Riley, Farkle, Zay, and Rebecca and I walk over to them.

"Guys, what's going on?" I ask.

"Didn't you hear? Maya broke up with Shane last night." Riley said.

"Really? Why?" I said trying to act sad when I was actually happy.

Riley shrugged her shoulders and the bell rang and we walked to our classes.

Finally, it was lunch. I was walking to the cafeteria and all of a sudden I was pulled into a dark janitors closet.

The light switch turned on and I saw Maya right in front of me.

"Maya, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I pulled you in here to tell you why I broke up with Shane." Maya said.

I was now interested and I asked "Why?"

"Um....I don't know how to say this to you but um.....I like you, Lucas. I don't care if you don't like me back, I just needed to tell you that." She said. I pulled her into a kiss and I said "I like you too, Maya." I said as I kissed my goddess.

I woke up and I realized it was all a dream. Of course it was. I said in my head.

I see a note on my dresser and went to pick it up. The note said,

Me, Farkle, and Zay left at 12:15 because it was getting late. You fell asleep at 12:00. If you're wondering why we stayed after you fell asleep, it's because we wanted to finish watching Moana.
From, Riley.

I threw it out after I read it and I grabbed my phone to see my notifications. Most of them were from Instagram but then I saw one from Maya.

It said,
Maya: Wanna hang out this Sunday?

I was going to say yes but I realized I had to help Zay with his little brother's soccer practice.

I texted back,
Lucas: How about today? I'm busy tomorrow.

I looked at my clock and saw it was twelve so I went to the kitchen to get food.

On the kitchen table, there was another note. But this time it was from Rebecca.

Hey big bro! I'm hanging out with Ella today so don't worry where I am. See ya at dinner.
From, Rebecca.

I threw out that note and made myself a nice bowl of lucky charms. But before I eat it, I go into my dad's bedroom to see if he's sleeping. I go in and see how my dad is not in his bed. Which I'm glad because that means he's at work.

See, the thing is my dad is a car mechanic and he works a lot but when he is home, he abuses me and Rebecca.

I go back into the kitchen to eat my lucky charms and my phone vibrates. It's a text from Maya. It says,

Maya: Sure. I was suppose to go on a date with Shane but we've been hanging out too much so I'll cancel it.

I smile because I'm happy she's willing to cancel a date with Shane to hang out with me. I text back,

Lucas: Ok. Central Park at 1:30?

She immediately texts back,