Chapter Ten~ Adam

Adam woke up to the sound of the front door opening. He hurried out of bed, throwing his door open and catching Mark trying to slip out of the door. The other boy turned and looked at him, his mouth opening to explain, but then he sighed, stepping back in the apartment and closing the door. "Where are you going?" Adam asked. Mark usually wasn't awake this early, much less trying to sneak out for the room. 

"Just to Alec's" Adam scoffed.

"Get more sleep," he said, and Mark just looked at him, un-moving from his place in front of the door. "You can go to Alec's later". Mark still didn't move. "What?"

"Yeah..." Mark began, turning away from him. "I think I'm actually going to go now. We've got something important to talk about". Adam raised his eyebrows.

"Well why don't you invite him here?" Adam asked, and he didn't want to admit it, but he didn't want to be alone in the apartment again. It wasn't like he was afraid, he really wasn't, he just talked a lot and wanted someone around to hear it, and when he didn't he got lonely. 

Mark sighed, pulling out his phone, his fingers typing rapidly. He then sat on the couch, grabbing the remote from the floor alongside of it and turning it on. "I'll stay here for a while".

"Did you invite Alec?" Adam asked, and Mark simply looked at him. "I'll take that as a yes". Adam went into the kitchen to find something for breakfast, but their fridge was empty. "Want to go shopping for food and an new coffee table today? It's the least you can do since you kind of stole the first one". Mark looked extremely annoyed by this. 

"Alright," he said through his teeth, standing so intensely at the television that Adam wondered if he was watching porn. He was not.

Adam went back to the kitchen and grabbed the one thing they actually did have in the fridge. Beer. He got one for Mark too and went to sit next to him on the couch. The boy looked at the item that had been set in his lap and snorted. "Sorry, I don't drink before eight". Adam shrugged, opening his own can and taking a sip

"I've seen you drinking at one in the morning Mark. Hard liquor," Adam pointed out, and Mark rolled his eyes.

"Two things," Mark said, taking the beer off of his lap and putting it in Adam's, "I hadn't gone to sleep yet. Second, I'm not a high schooler anymore". 

It was Adam's turn to roll his eyes. "Don't act like you've changed so suddenly," Adam said and Mark shook his head, as if saying he had. "Is it this new girl of yours? When's the last time you had sex?"

Mark shrugged, taking the beer back from Adam and opening it. "I don't know, couple of months". 

Adam was impressed. Mark hadn't gone that long without any since he lost his virginity. He wondered how special that girl must be to him. "Wow. And when's the last time you kissed anyone".

Mark didn't even have to think. "Yesterday". Adam was confused. They had been talking about this girl yesterday as if Mark had known her for years. It took a long time to work up feelings that strong, and it obviously wasn't Sam. That meant she must be someone he had just met, within the past week.

"How could you have kissed her yesterday. You were at Alec's and then went to get coffee and then came home".

"Book store too," Mark reminded. 

"You love the librarian?" Adam asked, and Mark shook his head.

"Librarians are in libraries, idiot". Mark paused. "It doesn't matter Adam. If it works out, I'll introduce her to you. I promise". Adam was pleased with this.