1. Wedding Bells and Wrong Names

Gorgeous. That was the only word to describe the man in front of me. My first love. Some people find their first love at parties, others in the park while walking their dogs. I met my love in fifth grade, and I knew he was the one.

Now he was dressed in a black tuxedo on the other side of the aisle, looking straight ahead of him. Even on his wedding day, years after we first met, he looked exactly the same, equally as handsome. He stared at his wife to be in the most loving manner that made my heart ache with love and desire.

The girl he so tenderly loved, the girl who was supposed to be me. But instead of seeing me dressed in a wedding dress, he saw perfect, rich, man stealing lady, Bellanora Belisse. Even her name was so elegant as to make me annoyed.

Dressed in a sky blue, silk wedding dress, I looked at her with a sense of hate. How I dreaded this moment! Surely I didn't sign up for a heart break when I started to love him. It was meant to be Adrian and Lizeth, not Bella- whatever-her-name- is.

She was beautiful but unlikeable. She was too good, almost like she was a lion waiting to pounce on the deer. Innocent yet cunning, just like I hated them. She wasn't outstanding in any way and I have no idea what Adrian saw in her. The way he looks at her is the exact same way he used to look at me, and I feel disgusted.

Next to Bellanora, her aging father stood, taking her arm. Her mother, who was also graying, was standing to the side, tears of joy glistening in her eyes. I almost felt happy for her. Almost. I would've been joyous for Bellanora, had she not chosen my boy to mess with. The goody-too-shoes hits off with the bad boy. Couldn't it have been the bad boy and his bad girl best friend? Did the distributors of cliché moments have to contribute to Bellanora and Adrian? I couldn't stand the sight of both of them sending each other flirty, shy smiles. Adrian changed completely, and I don't think he noticed. He used to be daring, crazy, mischievous. Now he's just like his wife: a brat with obsessive cleanliness disorder.

Bellanora gracefully made her way towards Adrian, her father guiding her. I looked at Adrian, and when he looked straight at me, I felt like crying. He looked so happy. I thought I was the one who was going to make him happy, I thought I was the only one who had that effect on him.

His brown eyes lingered on me for a beat before they excitedly jumped to Bellanora. He ran a hand through his light colored hair as a huge grin spread over his face. I looked at the both of them, feeling myself becoming slightly broken. It could've been me. It should've been...

*-*-*

"A toast to my best friend, Lizeth Tarks, for always being by my side." Everyone at our table clicked their wine glasses against Adrian's simultaneously. I plastered a smile on my face and dragged my glass to Adrian's as well. He grinned at me, but I felt myself respond with much less enthusiasm. What was I supposed to do when my childhood crush was getting married?

I didn't personally have anything against Bellanora, but the fact that I've never met her before and Adrian just decided to marry her bugged me a lot. Yes, I've never met her. That doesn't stop me from hating her though, does it?

I excuse myself from the table and head towards the buffet.

"Elizabeth!" Someone calls out. I examine the wide array of dishes in front of me when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see a
short, blonde who stood about 5.3, a huge contrast to my tall height of 7.5. I looked down at her puny figure and almost scoffed.

"Elizabeth! Ah, I'm so glad I could fina-" I cut Bellanora off.

"My name's not Elizabeth," I replied, becoming agitated.

"Oh! Adrian kept referring to you as Lizeth, so I just assumed..." She trailed off and I suddenly became upset. Aiden called me Lizeth? He had always called me Lizzy. Did he have to stop calling other girls by their nicknames because of this girl now, too?

"Well you assumed wrong!" I snapped. Her blue eyes widen considerably before she re-composes her face. She gives me a fake smile and I look her in the eye, challenging her to say something.

"I'm Bellanora, by the way," She says in an irritating, chirpy voice.

"Yeah, I know." She nods sharply.

"My friends and family lovingly call me Bella, though," She says, her voice becoming slightly softer at the mention of her parents.

"Well," I said, rolling my eyes," I certainly won't be calling you that then." Her face falls slightly, and she opens her mouth to say something, but a hand falls on her petite shoulder. Adrian's gleaming brown eyes look at me, then shift to his wife. He smiles lovingly and I resist a gag. Bellanora looks at me for a moment before grabbing Adrian's neck and exchanging saliva with him. he looks stunned for a moment before kissing her back.

Bellanora opened her eyes momentarily and looked at me, pure evilness glinting in her eyes. Oh that little bitch is going down. I'd only just met her and I can see that the "good-girl" facade is just an act. I look at them in disgust, but I can't deny that I wished I was in place of Bellanora.

The couple break apart due to lack of oxygen and I stand there, looking extremely pissed and awkward. Adrian gives me a sheepish smile, while Bellanora looks at me with an innocent face. Maybe I had just been misinterpreting everything she said and did. She seemed fine enough.

As both husband and wife turned away, I couldn't help thinking about what I'd done wrong, and what had put me here, behind this happy couple on their wedding day.