he dedicates a take me home song to you

he dedicates a take me home song to you ~

LIAM:  As soon as you come home from the store with your newly purchased Take Me Home album, you pop it into your computer and begin listening to it.  You’d heard most of the songs already, but there are still a few that you haven’t heard yet.  You read the thank you page of the cover booklet as you listen.  When you get to Liam’s paragraph, you can’t help but smile when he specifically mentions you.  Then when you read the next line, your heart flutters a bit.  “I love you so much and your support means the world to me.  You’ve been by my side through so much and that’s why I want to dedicate ‘They Don’t Know About Us’ to you.”  It’s one that you hadn’t heard yet so you immediately skip ahead to it, playing it on repeat for nearly an hour.

NIALL:  “So, Niall, we’re hearing a rumor that ‘Summer Love’ is dedicated to your girlfriend, is that true?” the interviewer asks as she crosses her legs and leans in closer to the boys as if she’s about to hear a big, juicy piece of gossip.  “Yeah, kinda.  It’s more if a joke between me and her, really.  I dedicated it to her because we always joke that since we don’t get to spend much time together, our relationship is kinda like a bunch of little flings strung together,” Niall explains with a laugh.  “Aw, that’s kinda cute,” the interviewer chirps.  “You two are such a great couple,” she comments before moving on to the next topic of conversation and putting another one of the boys in the hot seat for a moment.

LOUIS:  While introducing the next song at their concert, Louis takes a moment to say a little something special.  You’re in the audience that night and he takes that opportunity to say, “Before we start the song for you, I just wanted to say a massive thank you to my girlfriend who’s here tonight.  She’s so great and is always so understanding of my crazy schedule.  So that being said, I want to dedicate ‘Last First Kiss’ to her.”  He finishes with a beaming smile and the crowd aww’s in unison.  You feel your cheeks heat up in a blush as the music starts and the boys begin singing.  From that day on, whenever you’re especially missing Louis, you just play that song and remember that he’s thinking about you too.

ZAYN:  While visiting a radio station as part of promoting their new album, the boys introduce the next song and then Zayn quickly tacks on, “And this one’s dedicated to you, [Y/N].”  “I Would” plays and then the boys are back on the air.  “I know I’m wondering, and I’m sure other people are too, why do you dedicate that song to your girlfriend?” the radio DJ asks Zayn.  He laughs before explaining, “Because when we first met, she was dating someone else.  We became friends and I fell for her.”  “Hard,” Louis adds on for his friend.  “And finally, when she and her boyfriend called it quits is when she eventually fell for me too.  So the song always makes me think of her for that reason.”  “That’s very sweet,” the DJ says, his tone teasing, causing the group to laugh.

HARRY:  By the middle of the show, the boys are well into their usual crazy antics, making the audience burst into laughter.  As the chords start for the next song, Harry gets a stupid grin on his face.  “Uh oh, Harry has that look on his face.  You know what that means,” Niall kids, hooking his arm around his friends neck.  “Don’t do it, don’t say it,” Liam pleas half-heartedly.  The already wildly excited crowd starts getting even more revved up over wanting to know what exactly is going on on stage.  The band continues to replay the intro to the song while the boys sort themselves out.  “[Y/N], baby, this one’s for you!” Harry announces, throwing in a wink and a hip-thrust for good measure before the song really begins and the boys perfom “Rock Me.”