Red Versus Blue

Archie had come much more prepared than we did. His team covered for him, holding us off so he could make his exit. Unfortunately, by the time we sent the Grunts running, Archie had already escaped. As I stared at the ground, angered that Archie had gotten away, an elderly couple came to our side, gaining our attention quickly.
"A-are you alright? What're you doing here?" Emerald asked quickly, worried that Team Aqua might've harmed them.
"We are fine, but only for so long." the elderly woman stated softly, a look of concern in her half shut eyes.
"Please, get the Orbs back!" the man beside her begged us.
"Do you mean... the red pearl thing in Archie's hand?" I asked hesitantly.
"Yes... That was the Red Orb. This may come as a surprise to you, but that Orb controls a Legendary Pokémon." the woman informed us, causing us all to gasp.
"Please, tell us more about this Pokémon!" Sapphire pleaded, a serious look in her eyes as she spoke.
"Very well... You see, the Red Orb controls an ancient Legendary Pokémon known as Groudon. The second Orb, the Blue Orb, controls another ancient Legendary, Kyogre." the woman began.
"A long, long time ago, Kyogre and Groudon fought to gain power over nature. They're fighting caused great destruction.
If it weren't for a third Legendary Pokémon, Rayquaza, they would've destroyed all of Hoenn and eventually the world. Ever since, Kyogre and Groudon have been in a deep slumber, though no one knows where." the man added on.
"But it is possible that Team Aqua has discovered their location. If they use the Red Orb to awaken Groudon, it could mean trouble." Steven stated calmly, though his eyes showed the concern he truly felt.
"But I remember Archie saying something about going after Kyogre once. Can he even awaken Kyogre with the Red Orb?" I asked, trying to find a glimmer of hope in the situation, but it seems like I only added to the fire.
"If that is true, then we are in even more danger than before! The group of people who came before them took the Blue Orb, but if they are not after Kyogre, they must be after Groudon." the elderly man stated nervously.
"So how does that make this worse?" Emerald questioned.
"If Team Aqua awakens Kyogre with the Red Orb, they will have no control over it." Steven growled his eyebrows furrowing with rage.
"W-wait... so who took the Blue Orb then?" I asked hesitantly.
"We aren't sure. But whoever they were, they dropped this when they left." the elderly woman stated as she dropped something in my hand. My eyes widened as I recognized the symbol on the emblem she handed me.
"Team Magma!!" I growled, clutching the emblem in my hand.
"So if they're after Groudon they won't be able to control it either..." Sapphire murmured. Just as she spoke, Steven got a sudden phone call. Stepping aside to answer it, he murmured a yes and after a moment of silence from Steven, his eyes suddenly widened in shock.
"Understood, I will be there right away!" Steven stated firmly before hanging up and turning to face me. "Ruby, everyone, come with me. We must go to Mossdeep City right away." he ordered. We quickly thanked the elderly couple before hopping onto our Flying Pokémon and heading for Mossdeep City. I eyed Steven from behind, watching his expression carefully and trying to make out what he was feeling. I couldn't make out much, but I knew whatever happened, it must be serious for him to bring all of us along for what I assume is backup. After about fifteen minutes of flying, I could finally see Mossdeep City in the distance, our Pokémon slowly descending as we grew closer to the outskirts of town.
Upon landing we returned our Pokémon and Steven began making his way through the city hastily.
"Steven... what exactly is happening?" I asked hesitantly as I caught up to him, refusing to remove my gaze from him.
"Mossdeep City's Space Center has received a threat note..."  Steven growled through gritted teeth, continuing to stare straight ahead as he walked.
"What?! From who?!" I asked frantically, shocked to hear the reason why we were brought here. Steven slowed his pace slightly, looking me right in the before speaking.
"Team Magma." he stated bluntly. I gasped in response, my fists balling with rage as the name sunk in my brain.
"Why do they do such awful things to people?!" Sapphire asked grumpily, her eyes flashing with rage for a split second.
"I don't got a clue, but come on!! We better make sure Team Magma hasn't gotten there yet!" Leaf exclaimed, waving his arm to motion us to run.
When we entered the Space Center we were quickly recognized and brought to a table towards the middle left of the main floor. A worker brought us to the threat note with an anxious look on his face. Leaning over the table to read the note, I couldn't help but lose some of the rage I felt and instead gain a large sense of confusion. The writing was much like Torchic scratch, almost impossible to read, but the parts I could make out seemed very uneducated and childish. Team Magma bluntly stated that they were after their rocket fuel, which was a bit foolish if you plan on getting away with it.
"You people are actually concerned by this?" I asked rudely, completely dumbfounded that this was what caused a panic.
"Don't underestimate them, Ruby. The note itself may seem foolish, but Team Magma may have a well thought out plan to execute here." Steven stated wisely, instantly changing my mind on the situation.
"Do you think they'll try to be sneaky about it?" Sapphire asked.
"Of course not, they just told the whole city they were gonna attack them!" Leaf exclaimed harshly.
"Easy there, Leaf. You're not sounding like yourself today." Emerald stated softly, showing concern for the blonde haired boy. Leaf looked her in the eye and relaxed a bit, his expression looking somewhat guilty.
"Sorry.... it's just that we can barely even enjoy a victory nowadays. There's always some sort of trouble wherever we go..." Leaf murmured regretfully, obviously feeling bad about snapping like he did.
"Well, Team Magma doesn't seem to be making any moves yet, why don't you challenge the Gym here? I'm sure they'd love to face you." Steven suggested warmly.
"They?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at his choice of words. Steven chuckled in response.
"You'll see. Go on, I'll call you if I need your assistance." Steven reassured us. Seeing no reason to object, we waved goodbye to Steven and headed for the Pokémon Center to get some our rooms and heal our Pokémon before going to the Gym. Upon finding the Gym, we stood outside of it for a while, staring up at the building intently.
"Whaddya think he meant by 'they'?" Leaf asked calmly, tilting his cowboy hat up a bit.
"I don't have a clue, but we'll find out soon enough." I stated with an equally calm tone as I finally pushed open the doors. A wide battlefield lie before us, two kids waiting in the center of it with their backs to us.
"Greetings, Challengers!" the two kids, revealed to be identical twin brother and sisters, exclaimed cheerfully in perfect sync.
"Welcome to...." the brother began.
"The Mossdeep City Gym! We are..." the sister continued.
"The Gym Leaders here. I am Tate."
"And I am Liza."
"Wait...." Emerald murmured.
"You mean that you're.....?" Sapphire questioned, her words slowing to a stop as she spoke. Leaf and I turned to each other with dropped jaws and wide eyes, realization suddenly striking us in the head.
"There are two Gym Leaders here?!?" Leaf and I yelled in unison.

Something tells me this will take some getting used to, especially with everything that's already gone down today.