Chapter 1

*Liz POV*

I wake up to my alarm and look outside. It's Friday and sunny but still very cold since it's the middle of january. I get up, take a shower, put my cloths on, and pretty myself up like doing my hair and makeup. I do more than my usual since there's a party today. I grab my backpack and head for the door as I hear my mom yell in a very cranky voice

"LIZ GET DOWN HERE NOW BECAUSE I'M GOING TO BE LATE FOR WORK!".

My dad died during my freshman year so I'm left with my mom. Who by the way cares about me just enough to keep me alive. She works as a real estate agent and makes decent money. She didn't really break down when my dad died. Their marriage was arranged by their parents and didn't work out as it does in books. So when I was born I barely got any love from her, but my dad made up for that. My relationship with her is equal to being forced to live with a bad roommate in college.

"I'm already coming jeez!" I yell back as I rush downstairs.

"Well then hurry it up...and why are you done up like that. You going somewhere?" she asks while looking at me.

"Yeah I'm going to a party today" I tell her "why are you even asking it's not like you care"

"You're right about me not caring but I do care about my reputation and I don't want my daughter causing me any more problems" she tells me with a straight face.

Not a hint of regret or love is shown on her face. Just pure and blunt disgust. This is the women who gave birth to me.

"What ever" I tell her as I walk to the car and sit down. She gets in and takes me to school. I grab my stuff from my locker and start heading to first period. My best friend Sara walks up to me and asks.

"You ready for the party tonight Liz?"

"Look at how I'm dressed and take a guess" I tell her and point at myself.

"Yep, you're definitely ready" she tells me with a chuckle.

School goes by and it's time for the party. It's at some rich guy's house so I know it should be quite fun. Me and Sara walk up to the house with excitement. You can already hear the music blaring and see people making out on the lawn. We walk inside and there's lights everywhere, the smell of sweat and alcohol fills my nose but I don't even care since I'm used to it from all the parties I've been too. We go into a massive room which is probably the living room and grab some drinks. Sara goes to find her boyfriend and tells me to meet her on the dance floor. Which is in the backyard right next to a massive pool. I jug down 2 cups of alcohol and head to the dance floor. Sara's already there and is rubbing against her boyfriend while he holds her hips and grins. I can already tell that she's drunk since shes never been able to hold her alcohol. We dance for a while before I go to grab another cup. Right as I'm about to enter the house I bump into someone.

"Oh, sorry Liz" a deep voice tells me.

I look up and see that it's Josh Dragis. He's a handsome guy that's 5' 9", has short light blue hair, and beautiful emerald green eyes.

"No it's ok" I tell him will looking into his eyes "what are you doing here anyways. You never go to parties".

While Josh is a handsome guy and smart with his straight A's , he is a bit of a loner. He'd be really popular if he really tried but he doesn't have any friends that I know of. He doesn't even stay at school for a full day, he almost always leaves during lunch. So it's strange for him to even be here.

"I decided to show up and party for a bit" Josh tells me with a beautiful smile "I'm surprised you noticed that I don't show up to these much"

'Well I've been to a lot of parties so it's pretty easy to figure out who comes a lot and who doesn't" I tell him.

"Yeah true" Josh replies and rubs the back of his neck.

"You wanna grab a drink?" I ask after a moment of silence. I'll be honest and say that I've had a bit of a crush on Josh for a while.

"Um...I don't know if that's a good idea. I don't really drink" Josh nervously tells me.

"Oh come on, it'll be fine. I've been to a lot of parties and nothing bad ever happens" I tell him and I couldn't have been more wrong that night.

We grabbed a few drinks, danced and talked. It was quite fun until Josh kissed me while we were dancing, but I was drunk at this point and just let it happen. It turned into a very drunk form of french kissing until things started to go blank and we went upstairs into one of the many rooms, then everything went by in a blur. I wake up the next morning with a massive hangover and in a foreign room on a bed that's not mine. I look to my right and see Josh laying there with half his body covered and his skin looks like it's showing a hint of blue. I panic, because blue is not a color your skin should normally be, and shake him until I realize I'm naked. He wakes and sits up making a grunting noise as he holds his head probably from hangover. He looks around the room and his eyes widen with fear.

"Fuck did we?" and I nod the answer while covering myself with the cover. His eyes go from from scared to worried as he asks "Are you hurt anywhere? Any scratches or...burns?".

I stare at him with complete confusion but look myself over and tell him no.

"Thank God you're ok. So um...what do we do now" Josh asks with a sigh.

"I think we should get dressed and forget this ever happened, ok? ...This was just a drunk mistake" I tell him seriously and he just nods.

We quickly get dressed and Josh leaves while I find Sara knocked out on the couch on top of her boyfriend who's name is Kyle by the way. I wake her up and tell her to take me home.

As I walk into my house at 8 in the morning I find my mom making eggs and drinking coffee. She sees me and asks "So where have you been missy"

I tell her the partial truth "I was at the party knocked out with Sara"

"Ok whatever. Just make sure you don't get caught by the police since you're underage and I'll be selling a few house to a few police couples soon" she tells me with a straight face.

I just roll my eyes as I head upstairs and lay on my bed as I think about what happened at the party.

*Month and a half later*

I wake on a Tuesday and run to my toilet holding my mouth. I throw up into the toilet just barely making it. This is my 5th time puking this week and my stomach has been weirdly warm for the past week.

Unlike some teens, I know what puking in the morning and the fact that my period is late means. It's the first sign of touble and symptom of pregnancy. I know where my mom keeps her tests and things like condoms, which from what I can remember wasn't there that night. I immediately run to my mom's bathroom a find the box with the tests. There's supposed to be 4 but there's only 3. I pay no mind to it and take one of them. I'm so happy that my mom has a client early in the morning today. I go to my bathroom and read what the instructions say. I set the test on my counter and set a timer to 3 minutes and wait. The timer on my phone rings and I get up to see the result.