Distrust

With a humming pain itching through his head, Oliver opened his eyelids nagging. He knew he didn't sleep too long since the moon was still present and shone into his room, but it must've been after midnight, indicated by the coldness the boy felt. He could've sworn he had heard someone calling for him several times. Usually this wouldn't be the case since he either would be punished for not listening at once or not be needed at all. Still he felt like that wasn't just a dream so he turned his head around until he stopped at his window. He couldn't clearly see what it was but it had the shape of a human head. In disbelieve he rubbed his eyes but it was true. Eventually his sight got used to the dark and he could even make out outlines from slightly curly hair.

"Finally, I already thought you were dead!" Again he heard the voice that had called him. So it really wasn't a dream as he first believed. But still Oliver was so much surprised he couldn't make a move, speaking of responding. The person at his window leaned even closer to the bars and Oliver could see a wide smile which caught him totally off guard. He couldn't get what was happening. Not even once something like that has happened to him. But it also couldn't be what he thought it was. A savior? Somebody who came to save them all? That wasn't possible. He has never been outside the building but it had to be pretty well hidden that in all those years nobody came - not even by mistake. But what was this boy - since his voice was a male one's - doing there?

"Hey, can you talk? Could you please answer me?"

Oliver was still insecure how to behave. Social interactions outside the rehearsals at any time were forbidden and badly punished, but if that was really a sign? He clung to that thought so dearly it drove him nearly crazy. One wrong step could lead to an even worse life and he actually liked his luxury consisting of having a window and a halfway proper bed to not die from frozening. And still he wanted to try. He had to be suspicious, that was out of question but he couldn't let his only change pass away like that.

"Who are you?" Oliver tried to keep his voice stable but it turned out more shaky than expected. He blamed it for his tiredness and concentrated rather on the strange boy at his window. The said one's eyes seemed to lit up and he hold the bars even tighter.

"Hello, my name is Fukase. You probably don't know me though." Fukase laughed and let out a sigh of relief. "I'm so glad. I tried to talk to the others who have a window but nobody would answer me. Are you the only one alive?"

"They're all alive, they simply won't answer you because they suspect you as a spy," Oliver told him and tried to play it off as normal. They were probably as shocked as he was. But Oliver was still unsure how to feel about the situation so he tried to tame his going wild emotions.

Fukase gasped in surprise and tilted his head. "Why would you suspect me as a spy?"

"Because no normal person would show up just like that," Oliver rolled his eyes and lend against the stone wall. The cold sent shivers down his spine but it was nothing he wasn't used to. He rather inspected the stranger once more. The moon light shone on the red hair and the blonde boy could make out an only slightly tanned skin, it was nearly as white and fragile looking as porcelain. Interested Oliver's gaze wandered around the stranger's face until it stopped by his eye. Since the moon light didn't light up this area he couldn't see the color, whyever he showed interest in knowing.

Oliver himself started to feel relaxed again. The red haired boy seemed to be rather friendly, so he wasn't expecting any physical abuse. Also the conversation with someone expect his so called friends - rather kids around his age who didn't bother talking with him - left him in curiosity and greed to never make it stop. But he knew by himself he still had to act cold. The chance of it all being a test kept in his head.

The silence between the boys gave Fukase some time to think his actions through. Since this place wasn't a normal building he wanted to win the blonde's trust, even though it turned out to be pretty difficult. Fukase himself didn't want to be suspected as well so he kept on staying. Minutes before, he was nearly losing hope as no one dared to even look at him. The will to keep on, kept him locked to the window. Something told him there was a mystery he had to find out and since he already found this place, he welcomed himself to the challenge.

He took another deep breath and looked inside the cage again, the blonde boy, whose name was still a mystery, watched him with curious eyes and Fukase couldn't help himself but chuckle.

"I know, no normal person would. But I'm not hiding anything, really. I just came across this area and suddenly saw a giant building in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't help myself but coming here."

"Why would you even come to the middle of nowhere?" The blonde one answered and Fukase sighed as he was already expecting such answer. He hesitated but started to talk again, "It's too soon to tell you that."

"Fine with that." Oliver shrugged his shoulders and looked around in his room.

Fukase gave him a confused stare as he couldn't understand the other's reaction. He blew the tension between them off like nothing and didn't even bother to look at him anymore. More likely, he snuggled his face against the pillow and attempted to continue his interrupted sleep.

Fukase blinked in disbelieve, "E-exuse me?"

"What? You're not done yet?" Oliver hissed, he rolled his eyes in annoyance and started to loose his patience. "You will not get any information from me anyway, so stop wasting your time."

"Information? Spy? What kind of things are you blaming me for? What is this place?" The redhead threw those questions literally at the blonde's face but he was filled so much with confusion and excitement he wanted to get this solved.

Oliver though didn't make a move, giving Fukase the opportunity to try again to win his attention. He lowered his voice and looked at the moon light on Oliver's floor. He couldn't let this case fall off like that, he really wanted to see what this place was. Secretly he was scared and shaking the whole time. Young people locked in cages with strange clothing on - an image he has never laid his eyes on before.

"You won't believe me unless I prove I'm nothing bad, eh?" Oliver still didn't make a move. "Then let me try at least. I will show you that I'm not a spy or whatever. Just not today...wait for me and I will show you," Fukase nearly whispered but didn't want to repeat, encouraging himself the blonde boy did understand him anyway. Even after some waiting he didn't got an answer. He thought that Oliver actually fell asleep, had obviously no other choice than to accept his behavior towards him.

He bit his lip in disappointment and got to his knees to set off again. However, before he left, he wanted to speak out the thought that has been bugging him since he got there, if it made a difference or not.

"I want to know what is going on here. And most of all, I want to help you all. That's why I'm doing this."

With those words he stood up and went off again. Where to, was a question that didn't came to his mind, his head was still filled with what happened just now.

Oliver opened his eyes a little as he didn't hear a sound anymore from the stranger called Fukase. He dared to turn around only to find him gone. A huff escaped his throat and he turned back to his sleeping position. The words from Fukase came back to his mind and he smiled a little.

"You want to get to know this secret? Then you have to go through this hell by yourself."