Showtime

Slowly the red curtains rose up and Oliver breathed in deeply. He looked to his both sides to signal his comrades that they could start. Even before the music went on, the twins had stood up and greeted the audience with their typical behavior. Len laughed - Oliver could make out that it wasn't fake - and Rin threw her arm in the air, both in a cheerful pose.

"Thank you all for coming, dear audience. We welcome you to the 'Circus of Hell'. Enjoy the show and please wait a moment after the end, there is as always a little special."

Only the thought of the special made his stomach contents crawl up their way to his throat but he simply gulped nervous and tried to hide his disgust.

The music started and everyone knew from there on what to do. What they've been training for two months now, is of use finally. Oliver positioned himself rather in the back - and he was glad doing so. He saw the others passing by, jumping in the air and let out laughter or simple phrases, which - connected together - told the story of their life. But the shreds of sentences were spoken out in wrong order and totally confusing that the audience couldn't find out what was really going on.

Oliver hurried to the front and fell to his knees, acted out a hurt expression and grabbed Piko's clothes.

"Used for things I have never heard of," Oliver continued to tell the story and right after Piko kicked him - of course not too hard - in the face, which made Oliver fell to the side and laughed loud. "I can't keep on anymore!"

Oliver crawled back to his place. Their performance had the point to be something special - and admittedly it was. Instead of performing a story like all the others, horror and excitement should the audience feel. A circus that was nothing like the others, that's why people came. Crime was always something exciting for humans, and this circus was illegal by itself.

The show took long, about two hours - a short break in between. In the end everybody waved goodbye in a pose that should resemble their character - or rather what their leaders ordered them to resemble. They all waved and the twins clapped loud in their hands, it was always unbelievable how good they knew each other to react with each other's limbs.

"Thank you for watching this show. If you please, you can move freely, even up on stage. Our master will tell you how the special works."

Oliver flinched as he heard it; he almost forgot. The sigh of relief from before had been useless. The special was always the highlight for the visitors - much to Oliver's dismay. He saw nearly all of the visitors coming up on stage - even though they weren't more than twenty, after all the tickets were illegal and extremely expensive. Slowly the boy went to the back and hid halfway in the shadows. It was actually forbidden to do so, but Oliver decided at that point to disobey. He never got caught yet and wanted to avoid the special with his everything.

It mostly consisted of the visitors taking a look at each child until they eventually found the one they wanted and payed, depending on what they wanted them for. Oliver himself did never get chosen, for what he was endlessly grateful. He didn't exactly know what happened to the others as they didn't tell him anything. All that he knew of was, that they went to different rooms backstage and came back bruised and bleeding, their whole body lifeless.

After some minutes Oliver looked around as no visitor was in sight anymore and went to the others who didn't got chosen as well. Piko sat down on the floor and the blonde joined him, a sigh escaping his mouth.

"What's wrong? Did you make a mistake in the show?" Piko asked worried and Oliver shook his head, though he remembered that the boy couldn't see him.

"No, it's just...why do we have to do such things?"

Piko shrugged his shoulders. "That's an huge income."