No Other Choice

Oliver tried to keep his eyes open and yawned. Unexpectedly, both of them had to take a detour as Fukase was worried that the leaders would find them easier otherwise. Instead of walking on blank soil they had to take a way through fields with plants that nearly reached Oliver's hip and made it difficult for him to walk. At the same time it was not that dark outside anymore as they had already walked the half night.

Oliver knew he had to keep walking, but nervetheless he felt his limbs getting heavier and the lack of sleep strained his nerves to an extent he got terrible headache. As he looked up to Fukase he noticed the redhead didn't pay attention to him anymore. All he did was dragging him further as Oliver couldn't keep the quick pace on his own. He didn't understand how Fukase could keep on walking like this all day and night.

But there was something bothering Oliver. As time passed he got more relaxed as he decided to follow Fukase who knew the way, but slowly the ginger started to get nervous and Oliver didn't know why. He couldn't hear anybody approaching them, he wondered why the positivity of the taller one had faded. Instead, Fukase didn't turn around to him even once and the blonde started to be worried about the situation. But he decided to keep quiet as he didn't want to anger Fukase like before. Usually he wasn't that way, but the blond was sure it was because of the situation they were in.

Oliver kept stumbling after Fukase as the said one suddenly stopped. Oliver walked against Fukase's back and sighed relieved that they made a stop. As he looked up he saw the redhead looking at him worried, his serious expression changed all at once.

"Are you okay, Oliver? You're already huffing."

"Already? I don't know how good your stamina is, but I'm not used to walk in wheat fields for hours," Oliver groaned slightly and tried to catch his breath. Fukase only sighed and shook his head before he looked around. "Says the one who used to practice all day."

Oliver watched him in silent and his bad feeling from earlier spread inside of him once again; he bit his lip distressed. "Is everything okay?"

"Huh?" Fukase's gaze wandered to Oliver and the redhead bent his head confused.

"You seem to be nervous."

Fukase laughed and ruffled the blond's hair, though Oliver didn't like his act. He knew the redhead well enough to see through that kind of facade and frowned suspicious. He wanted to know what was wrong that even the constantly happy Fukase got serious.

"Don't you trust me? I have everything under control, so don't worry," Fukase smiled, but Oliver gulped and looked to the ground. Something was terribly off. The ginger had never given him such a fake smile. It was almost so obvious the blond wondered if that was actually an indirect sign.

"I do, but you act strange and I don't want to be the ignorant one here," Oliver decided to state bluntly. Otherwise he wouldn't get an answer any time soon. Fukase rose his eyebrow and a small smile formed his lips. "Well, I'm the one taking all the responsibility. Sorry if I'm not amusing anymore."

Suddenly Fukase looked up and let his eyes wander through the scenery. Oliver followed his glance but couldn't find anything. Slowly he got even more anxious.

"Are you fine again? We need to keep on walking." Fukase grabbed the blond's wrist and stepped forward again Oliver tried to cope with the speed and get rid of his tiredness, though due to his slowly upcoming fear it disappeared on his own.

Oliver felt his breathing getting irregular fairly soon and huffed distressed. He didn't want to be a burden but he got constantly caught in the roots of the weath that made his way even more difficult to go. Fukase ignored the obstacles and stepped forward, but that made the blond feel even more helpless. As he looked up he saw the weath field ending soon and he sighed relieved. Ahead of them lay an even grass platform and farther behind a forest, at least no knee-high plants robbing him his energy.

Oliver was about to ask Fukase when they'd arrive as he suddenly heard a strange sound above him. Also the redhead stopped moving and took a look where the sound came from, though his eyes widened at the sight of a small machine flying in the air. It wasn't too far away from them, therefore Fukase pulled out a stone out of his bag and threw it against the machine. He only stroke it, but managed to push it out of its position. Oliver watched the scene with wide opened eyes. Inside of him he had a terrible feeling and the fear he felt was about to choke him. He couldn't think any longer as he felt Fukase pushing him to go further. Oliver gasped surprised by this action but had no other choice then run with the redhead, whose speed had risen drastically.

"Fukase, what was that?" Oliver managed to shout out as the wind clashed against his face. Due to his panicking, he completely forgot his energy being low and ignored his heavy breathing. Only his burning lungs itched slightly in his chest. He was happy that adrenaline had kicked in again.

"A drone. Have you never seen these before?" Fukase reproached the younger one, his eyes fixed on the forest in front of them. "We need to hurry up!"

As Oliver heard what that strange machine was he froze. He didn't stop running but inside of him his mind seemed to have stopped working. Instead, the feeling of fear crept even further into his mind. He knew exactly from who the drone was - and that confirmed his assumption he didn't dare to speak out. The leaders found out. Now it was all over. There was no way they could escape them. Oliver slightly teared up out of panic and hiccuped due to his already unsteady breathing. Fukase noticed such and pulled the the younger one even closer to him. There was no time for pitying.

Fukase observed the situation. They've already reached the grass platform and the forest wasn't too far away, but the redhead heard engine noises behind them. He wasn't too sure if he maybe only imagined it, but he didn't want to risk anything. Especially not now, since he managed to free Oliver. He didn't want to see any other option than trying to get him safe out there - no matter what.

Fukase stopped all at once and that lead to Oliver falling to the ground with a gasp. He didn't care tough as all his mind was filled with the question how to escape the leaders. It seemed impossible for him, but he knew he had to try anyway. After all what Fukase had done for him he had to try.

He looked up and got to his feet again as he saw the redhead looking around. He didn't understand what his friend had intended by stopping and it made the blond even more nervous.

"Why did you stop, Fukase?" Oliver almost shouted and gasped for air as he hadn't caught his breath yet. Fukase looked back at him and gave him a warm smile. He somehow knew he had no other choice than doing so and stroke over the blond's cheeks with his fingers before letting go again. Oliver watched the situation in shock and frowned.

"I've got a great idea how to distract them. But you need to go ahead, I can't risk anything."

"Are you crazy? I will definelty not leave you alone with these guys! You have no idea what they're capable of doing!" Despite Fukase's calm voice Oliver couldn't help but break out in shouting at the taller one. He felt the leaders coming closer and his fear increased.

"You won't! I'll come along as soon as I manage to distract them!" Fukase tried to calm down and stop shouting as he knew like this he couldn't hide his own fear. He took a breath and sighed. "Please, Oliver. Trust me. Just go into the forest and keep walking no matter what. I'll be there soon enough."

Oliver whimpered in fear and his whole body shook. He didn't want to leave Fukase alone. In Oliver's eyes the redhead had no idea what he was saying, but Oliver knew he couldn't persuade him otherwise - especially not with the time pressure.

"Fukase...," Oliver breathed out and tears started to form in his eyes. His shaking body made it nearly impossible to speak out any words. He stared at Fukase, whose face seemed as positive as it used to be. The small smile on his face was honest, but Oliver noticed the fear of the other one. Nevertheless, he had no other choice. He didn't want to be a burden - he mustn't be a burden - so he had to do as Fukase asked, even if it hurt the blond.

Those silent seconds between them felt like minutes for Oliver and he heard the leaders coming closer as he suddenly ran off to the forest, leaving Fukase behind.

"You fucking idiot!" Oliver shouted out and only these words burst out of his throat. He couldn't say more due to his breathing and his loud sobs. He knew what he did wasn't what he would usually act like, but he was terribly sacred to go back to the building again. All he could do now what praying Fukase would manage to escape safe and sound.