Epilogue

"Are you really going to let him go like this?" Anne's glance to the side was directed to a certain person hiding in the corner of the hotel building. The person flinched surprised to have been found, but then stepped out of the shadows. He wore a weak smile.

"It's better he won't find out," Fukase murmured and looked down to where he pressed his right hand. The cloth on the wound was soaked in blood, but he didn't bother to change it once again. That was of no use anymore.

Fukase's eye followed the vehicle across the streets until it was swallowed by the hills and nowhere to be seen. A peculiar longing sensation crawled up inside of him again, but he gulped it down. With a loud groan, he plumped on the ground and leaned on the building's wall. Standing strained his body more than he could bear.

Anne watched him with an uncertain expression. His struggling indicated nothing good for her, but as much as she knew the redhead, he wasn't going to give in for help anyway. Instead, both of them merely rested the way they did, their faces still directed to where Oliver drove off to. There was a heavy silence, merely disrupted by occasional sighs and groans.

Fukase had to chuckle lightly as his hazy mind led to overwhelming thoughts. Slowly, he was losing his grip on reality. He gave up on pressing his hand against his heavy bleeding and sunk down in himself completely.

"This might not look like a happy ending, but this is the best I can offer to him. I'm sure he will realize that one day."