Last Chapter

As the title already implies, this is going to be the last chapter I'm going to post in this book. The story has reached its end, and now, I allow myself to find the opportunity to properly reach out to my readers.

I've been working on this story for almost two years now. Without any doubt, this story could have been finished much sooner than that, however, this is not what matters. Instead, I truly appreciate that this story has followed me and my readers on their journey for so long. Personally, this story contains a lot of changes coming from my side. When I look at my first chapters now, I shudder when reading my old writing style. I apologize for the many mistakes I have made (and probably still do).

Truthfully, the final chapter was a struggle to write. It wasn't much because of lack of motivation or the like, however, the fact that this story had come to and end was quite overwhelming. 'Circus of Hell' has been on progress for so long, it is hard to imagine to never work on a chapter for it ever again. Up until now, it's still difficult to grasp that realization. Due to that, ending this story leaves a bittersweet feeling. On one hand, I'm glad to have been persistent on working on my first story on this site, on the other hand, it feels strange to have finished now. I wonder when the sadness kicks in, simply because I won't be working with Oliver and Fukase anymore.

...Oliver and Fukase the way they are in this story at least. I do have plans for further stories, but I doubt I will create similar character traits for the both of them. I assume to have improved my writing a bit in these two years, and thus, my characters will have more logical traits. (Or at least that's what I'm trying to achieve.) I already know I will miss these characters and their journey. They found a place in my heart by now; I hope that for some of my readers that's the same case to some degree at least.

At last, I want to address my readers about their contribution to the story. I wanted to thank everyone who supported the story with motivating comments and votes. I truly appreciate this kind of feedback as it was a big reason why I tried to keep working on the story somewhat regularly. So, in that sense, a huge thank you for every single one of my readers, especially to the active ones. I hope to have created a story that was enjoyable and somewhat memorable, as well as worth your time. Even if this story has come to an end now, I hope I will be able to entertain you all with different future stories. So stay tuned~

On that note, I want to wish you all a nice day/evening. Thanks for reading through this here as well, even if it wasn't part of the plot. I enjoyed being able to tell you what I had in mind for quite a while now.  

~Sora