After the farewell Hajj

Narrated by Hazrat Maulana Yunus Patel Saheb رحمة الله .
........

In the tenth year of Hijra, approximately 124000 Sahabah e-Kiraam رضي الله عنهما were afforded thee most honourable opportunity of accompanying Nabi صلئ الله عليه وسلم for the farewell Hajj. The verse of the Quraan Shareef :

"..this day have I perfected your religion for you; completed my favour upon you ,and have chosen for you Islam as your religion."
[Surah Maa'idah 5:3]

was revealed on the 9th of Zul Hijjah , on the plains of Arafaat.

In just under three months , after return from this Hajj to Madina Munawwarah, Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم  passed away. This Pilgrimage heralded the completion and perfection of all laws for mankind till the day of Qiyaamah.

In my research, I have not found record of a single Sahabah رضي الله عنه ,of more than 124000 Companions of Rasulullah صلئ الله عليه وسلم , having committed the sin of adultery, theft, drinking liquor, or any other major sin after having performed Hajj in the esteemed company of Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم , and after the demise of Nabi صلئ الله عليه وسلم.

Do we find in the history of any one of those shining stars , the wilful disobedience like is found in us ? -NO.

We also read that many of these companions left Madina Munawwarah, travelling to far off lands to spread islam . They , themselves, were not adversely affected by the different un-islamic environments. In fact , where ever the companions went , they changed the people , the language, the culture, the environment.
Thousands upon thousands entered into the folds of Islam. ...Compare this with our condition : The disparity is like black and white!

The very fact that not one authentic incident can be cited proves clearly their great status. As for their isolated errors or sins , Allah Ta'ala forgive them, and revealed the verse :

"..Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with him...."
[Surah at-Taubah 9:100]

Now , these modernists, orientalists and critics who find fault , raise objections and make the Sahabah e-Kiraam رضي الله عنهم targets of criticism are on very , very perilous ground , because they criticise those who were the noble companions of Rasulullah صلئ الله عليه وسلم , and who were selected and favoured by Allah Ta'ala as the companions of His Beloved Prophet صلئ الله عليه وسلم .

Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم said :"Allah Ta'ala cast a glance upon the hearts of His slaves and chose Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم  for prophethood. Then He cast a glance upon the hearts of His slaves and selected Companions for him (I.e . Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم  )and made them helpers of His religion. .."[Musnad ahmad ]

It has been narrated from Hazrat Anas رضي الله عنه that Rasulullah صلى الله عليه said :"Allah Ta'ala chose me and chose for me , my Companions. Then He made them my helpers and relatives . During the latter times there will emerge a group that will undermine the (lofty)status of my Companions. So , neither dine with them , nor marry their women , nor say prayers with them , nor say the funeral prayers for them . Allah Ta'ala's curse has descended upon them."[ Tabraani]

After having Islam and having made sincere Taubah from Kufr,and  Shirk , not one Sahabi رضي الله عنه returned to those sins.

As I repeatedly mention; the isolated cases of zina , theft , slander, etc was to teach the Ummah as to how to implement Shariah, as well as teach sinners like us the true meaning of sincere Taubah and istighfaar.

Now I wish to relate to you an incident about the sincere Taubah of a companion of Nabi صلئ الله عليه وسلم ; a story that touches the heart deeply and which brings tears to the eyes ........
...
INSHA ALLAH.