Return to Madina Munawwarah

The Companions thus waited until Hazrat Th’alaba رضي الله عنه came down from the mountain. Observing him, they found he had lost much weight. His face revealed deep sorrow and as he drank the milk, his tears mixed with it, due to his constant weeping.

They approached him and insisted that they wanted to take him back to Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم , who was
concerned over his long absence.

Hazrat Th'alaba رضي الله عنه  refused and asked them if Allah Ta’ala had revealed any verses stating that he was a munafiq (hypocrite).

They responded that they had no knowledge of any such verses being revealed. Hazrat Th’alaba رضي الله عنه  thus relented and gave into the plea of the two Companions, and was taken back to Madina Munawwarah.

On their arrival, Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم  went to see him.

Still anxious and fearful over what had happened, Hazrat Th’alaba رضي الله عنه  asked Nabi صلئ الله عليه وسلم  if Allah Ta’ala had included him in the category of the hypocrites or revealed that he was one of them.

…Ahh! The concern and fear of the Sahaba-e-Kiraam رضي الله عنهم! Theirs was a constant fear and worry that they not fall into the category of the Munafiqeen. We are comfortable with our lies, arguments, betrayal of trust, swearing, being two-faced, and all those qualities which Rasululullah صلئ الله عليه وسلم mentioned as traits of the Munafiqeen.