The Thrill and Shock

Chapter 7:

I remember when my dad used to live with us when I was six years old. He used to be nice back then, before he started cheating on my mom with lots of women. He used to tell me about girls. He said that if a girl have a boy her number, then she likes you. I never had to use that advice, but now I can. Thank you dad.

The rest of school was same old same old, nothing too exciting. At the end of the day while I was at my locker, Juan came over to me.

"What she give you in class?" He asked, always getting into people's business.

"Umm.....," I said nervously."Her number," I finally said.

He looked at me wide eyed like I said the redskins suck, which was his favorite football team.

"No she did not!" He screamed, and I had to cover his mouth in order to get him to be quiet. No one noticed, which was a relief since I didn't want people seeing me putting my hands on Juan's mouth.

"Yes she did, now will you stop screaming," I murmured in his ear, and he nodded his head in advance. I uncovered his mouth, but was still wide like the titanic can fit in there.

"What are you going to do with it?" He asked. He always ask so many questions that I think one day he would be a reporter, or join the numerous idiots of the paparazzi.

"I'm going to talk to her tonight," I said, surprised about what came out of my mouth right that second.

"Oh well then tell me how it goes when your done ok," he said and I asked why.

"Because if you screw up, then she's all mine," he said, now trying to ask sexy in front of the girls walking down the hallway. I grabbed him by his backpack, and dragged him all the way to the bus ramp and the bus.

When we got on the bus, everyone seemed very excited that Michael was not on the bus. They all were cheering for me, like my class, and one kid gave me a dollar. I could get used to this I thought. The bus ride was not that fun as I expected. Valerie got pick in up from school, so it was just me and Juan. All Juan wanted to talk about was how good the redskins had been doing. I really didn't mind the redskins at all, since I really didn't watch football. But my mom is a Vikings fan, so I am too. When we finally jumped off the bus, which I was so glad for since Juan changed the subject from football to call of duty. That game was terrible.

"....and that when I had one hundred kills in a game," he finished when we were walking home.

"That's cool," I lied, since I wasn't paying any attention whatsoever. All I could think about was Valerie. How her eyes would glow and get brighter everything she looked at me. How her hair would fall perfectly, not getting messy, just falling perfectly. How when she talked, I could not even speak, just wanted to hear her voice for eternity.

"I know right!" He said excitedly and u snapped back to reality. We were at my front porch.

"You promise you will tell me what happens okay," he demanded, and I said I do.

"Ok, adios Ferrrrnando!" He exclaimed, rolling his r so perfectly that he always got the girls attention doing that.

"Adios señor," I said, and he skipped away like a seven year old girl. I always laughed when he skipped, specially when he did slow and steady, trying to perfect it. That would have me in hysterics.

I walked in to my house, and found my mom sitting on the couch, with tears coming down her eyes. I asked her what was going on. In advance, I apologized if it was about the fight.

"No it's not that," she said, the sound of sadness in her tone.

"Then what is it?" I questioned.

"Your father......he's dead!"