Chapter 27

Yami's POV

I am numb. I can't fee anything now. I barely register the number of people coming to my apartment to offer their condolences and gifts. I keep thinking why him. After all we been through, why couldn't we have peace. I know they've put me on suicide watch. I heard Pegasus taking to my friends and other vampires and I always feel eyes on me. The only thing I want is to be with Yugi again. I know he wouldn't want me to just end my life. He'd be angry that I didn't live the life I had been given. Though he's gone, I can still hear his voice, smell his scent, and taste him. It's been 4 days since he died and I'm watching as they lower him into the ground in a casket. I feel so empty without him. This is the first time since being separated from him that I truly felt like we were separate.

We had always been so close that it seemed like we still shared a body. After he's down in the hole, I turn and walk away. I hear my friends call after me, but I ignore them. I need some time to myself. I go to my apartment and lock the door and cry. I haven't been left alone long enough to just cry. I sob for hours until my voice is hoarse from crying. I barely hear the door open and someone coming in and them wrapping their arms around me. I look up and see the gentle eyes of Ryou. "You haven't been given proper time to grieve," he says and I shake my head.

"I'm not going to sugar coat it as I know you wouldn't want me to. They have you on suicide watch which to me is extreme," he says. "It's because vampires who lose their mate most of the time try to join them. I felt him die Ryou. I can understand why they killed themselves. Feeling you partner die is worse than feeling yourself die," I say. "Well you know what Yugi would tell you. You knew him better than us all," says Ryou. "He'd tell me to live my life and that he'd find a way to see me again or wait for me on the other side," I say. "Exactly Yami. He's going to be watching over you. Yes it's going to be a long life for you, but you will see him again," says Ryou. "Did you know that the vampires who manage to not kill themselves start aging again after their mate dies? I guess that's natures way of putting us out of our misery," I say.

"No I didn't, but my advice is make the best of your life while you've got it," says Ryou. "I'm going to try to," I say. "That's all that can be asked," he says. I smile at him. "Thank you Ryou," I say. He nods and I will continue to try every single day till I die.

**Thats it for this book! I won't do an epilogue because I'm just going to release book 2 soon. I know I'm mean for killing Yugi, but are you sure that's the last you've seen of him. 🤔 Muahahaha!! I'll see you in book 2 which you will see very soon. Stay tuned and thank you so much front the bottom of my heart for supporting this book.**