Chapter 8

They asked me if I wanted to press charges on him, because he grabbed my arm really hard. I had a big bruise on my wrist now. I didn't have a sweater on to hide it from my parents. Once I got home I ran up to my room and put on a hoodie sweater.

"Hey Elena, you alright there?" my mom asked me. I nodded and smiled at her.

******the next day **********

Today was the day that I actually found out if I'm actually pregnant. I have the doctors appointment right after school today. I honestly already knew that I was, but I want to make sure.

I got ready for school, and got in the car with my mom. She always goes to work early, but she was going to work today.

"I'm going to pick you up once your done with your school project after school. I have to pick you up because you have a doctors appointment at 5," she told me.

Omg at 5? How am I supposed to stay after school while I'm at the doctors appointment.

"Mom I-" I was about to confess everything to her. I know that I will be in big trouble, but I can't anymore. Besides all of the bad arguments my mom and I had last year, she's still my mother. I didn't want my doctor to tell her, so here it goes.

"Mom I have to tell you something that might get you really upset.I know that I've been a bad troubled one, but I can't anymore. Mom I'm-" I said to her. I got nervous at the end when I was about to say, "Mom I'm pregnant."

"Your what Elena? Your scaring me. Just tell me already," she said to me, while looking at me. I know that she's not going to like this, but at least I'm the one telling her this.

"I'm pregnant. I'll explain everything after school, just pick me up after school please," I told her really rapidly.

Tears were slowly running down my cheeks, and later on she was starting to cry too. She wanted to say something but then she said something out of the ordinary.

"Omg Elena! You can't go to school today, let's go take you to the doctors right now," my mom said to me; while making a U-turn.

Wow, no " Are you kidding me Elena, what were you thinking." she didn't even get mad, wow that was a miracle.

"Your not mad mom? Look I know that I messed up big time, this time; but I'll explain everything later on," I said to her.

"Elena, I got pregnant at sixteen years old with you. Your seventeen and a half, almost eighteen. I get what your going through. You better explain everything, but after we go to the doctors.

We got inside and right away a nurse was attending us. We explained my situation an I had to fill out some paperwork. When I was finish filling out the paperwork, I handed it back to the nice nurse who helped us. A few minutes later we got called in.

"I see your situation Elena,so I want you to take a pregnancy test okay sweetheart. From there we will see what's the plan," the doctor told me politely.

After a few minutes we got called back into the doctor's office, and that's when the big moment came.

"It came positive Elena," my doctor told me.

I said that I wanted to keep the baby. I know that I have to go through the consequences, so here it is.

Once we got home, I tried to explain everything to my mom. She started crying and said she was sorry. We've never had a real talk like that until now. My dad found out about the baby soon, because my mom told him. That's a different story for a different day.