Chapter 9

I got my history textbook from my locker, and I accidentally slammed the locker. Everyone was staring at me. They've seen me get piss before, but I was more angry.

Hopefully Sam stays in jail, and Evie doesn't show up at school today. If she does, then that's not going to end up well. I was walking to my history class when Maxwell (principal) came up to me. Here goes nothing...

"Good morning Elena. Have a nice day at school, where you have fun at," Maxwell told me while walking by me in the hallway. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yeah okay Maxwell, thanks," I said sarcastically to him.

When I sat down, I felt my phone vibrate; and I saw it was from an unknown caller ID. I wasn't sure if I should answer it. The bell was about to ring so I just got up and went to the restroom.

"Hello?" I said quietly. The person on the other line sounded worried, and a little scared.

"Hey Elena, I know I'm the last person you want to hear from. You need to come and drop the charges please. You don't understand what you have done Elena," Sam told me through the phone.

I can't right now. I hanged up immediately and I was so nervous that I accidentally dropped my phone on the floor. I didn't realize until someone picked up my phone and handed it to me.

When I walked to my locker, I felt really sick. I just want it to be period six already. I didn't feel like going to my history lass today.

Lately I haven't seen or talked to Autumn, she's probably on her own little world. Considering, her breaking up with that jackass of her boyfriend. I then saw her and she walked towards me.

"Hey Elena, I know that we haven't been talking to each other in a while," Autumn told me smiling a bit.

I nodded in response, and made a half smile. After a few minutes she started telling me about how she got back with him, and that she was all happy. I wasn't the type of person to judge her so I said "congrats."

Throughout the school day, I kept thinking about Sam. I know that I shouldn't be worried about him, but there's a part inside of me that deep down; I care.

Time went by fast today, and I got a ride from Autumn. "Thank you so much girl. I'm really grateful that we are still bet friends," I told her smiling.

"No problem Elena. If you need anything, you know I am always available for you girl," Autumn told me while smiling back at me.

I said goodbye and walked inside my house. My parents were not home from work yet, so I had the house to myself. I texted Tez about my cracked phone, and if he could get it fixed by tomorrow or even by today. He usually takes forever to reply back, since he's always working on fixing electronics at his workshop.

"Elena, honey I'm home. Come downstairs and help me with the groceries...Please," she said from downstairs practically begging me ton help her.

I went downstairs and helped her with the shopping bags full of veggies, and all the other gross things.

"Omg, what in the world happened to your phone Elena?!" My mom told me all shocked. I didn't realize that I'd brought my all cracked phone with me. My mom said if I broke my phone, then she want going to give me the money to fix it; that's why I went with Tez.

"I accidently dropped it on the bathroom floor at school. I know that you're not going to buy me another phone, so don't worry about it alright. I got it al planned out mom," I told her while putting the things away.

"Good, I'm glad that you have more responsibility than last year," my mom told me. I nodded then headed to the couch, and I lay down. I usually don't hang out with my mom, especially my dad since he's always working late. I got a message from Tez saying that he can get it fixed by after school. I replied with a ''please and thank you". I really need a car and a job.

It made me think what I'm going to do for my eighteenth birthday, it's in a week. I'm going to try to ask Tez if I can get a job at his workshop. I'm good at electronics things, so it'll be good for me.

"Hey Analia I'm home. Elena come here please," my dad said.

It was a surprised that he was here early. I went to the front door to where he was, but h was standing with another guy. I've never seen him before.

''Dad who's this?" I asked him curiously. The strange guy had dark brown hair. Light green eyes and a smile on his face.

"Elena meet Stefan. He's new to Portland, and his dad has been working with me ever since you were three. I want you to show him around. Please?" My dad said to me while begging.

I nodded, and accepted to show Stefan around the neighborhood. "Wait dad? You want me to show him right now? Like actually right this minute?" I asked, wondering what was he up to.

Whenever he's home early, I'm not allowed to go out at this time. "Yes Elena right now. Get your jacket," my dad said to me.

I grabbed my jacket and I walked outside with Stefan. I didn't have a clue on where to start. It was silent for like the first ten minutes.

"So..." I said at a random time. He laughed a little, and had that smile he had given me when we meet at my doorstep.

"Where are you taking me to?" He asked me.

"I honestly don't know where to start. You know the most beautiful part of Portland is that, there's many thrift stores, parks, music stores, old cinemas theaters, and many more things. I know thrift stores sounds pretty weird, yet they have some interesting things to see there. One time I turned this old vintage dress to a really nice lace dress. I'll show you one day. Sorry, I talk to much haha oops," I said to him.

I got carried away with him. He seems like he actually cares to every word I said. He seems like a nice guy.

"You are so creative Elena. You have to show me that dress. Hey? Is there by any chance a high school near here? I want to enroll in the morning tomorrow," he asked me smiling again.

"Yes of course, Stefan. Don't you think we should start heading back home? It's ten and my dad usually doesn't let me stay up late ever since..." I stopped talking because I didn't want him to know what happened last year; and me being pregnant. He made a strange face, then he put his hand on my cheek. I smiled and continued to walk with him.