Chapter 10: Injured

Astrid's P.O.V

I pulled Hiccup off Toothless's wing, he groaned.

"Hiccup?" I said pulling his head onto my lap and stroking his head. "Hiccup can you hear me" 

"Astrid" he whispered. 

"It's ok I'm here" I said.

"T...Toothless?" 

"I don't know Hiccup just lie still while I see if he's alright." I said putting his head gently against the ground, he winced and squeezed his eyes shut in pain. I hoped Toothless was ok, it would kill Hiccup if something happened to him.

"Toothless?" I said softly. 

I touched his head carefully and he raised his head with a start as though he had been in a trance. He looked at me with big eyes and growled softly, then he turned his head and saw Hiccup lying on the ground. Toothless jumped up and went to Hiccup sniffing him and licking his face. 

"Hey Bud" croaked Hiccup smiling and opening his eyes. 

"Grrrhggg?" Said Toothless nudging Hiccup. 

"Yeah i'm alright bud" said Hiccup stroking Toothless. 

"Hiccup we need to get you back to your dad." I said.

He tried to stand up but stumbled and Toothless caught him. 

"This isn't going to work." I said sighing and looking at Toothless supporting Hiccup. "Toothless carry Hiccup, let's hope your tail is still working."

I went over to his tail and pulled the stick out of it carefull not to make the hole any bigger. It was pretty small, it probably wouldn't make a difference. I hopped on Toothless and he began to hover flapping a few feet off the ground, he picked Hiccup and soared upwards after Stormfly. 

"You all right Hiccup?" I said peering over Toothless's side. 

"I've been better." 

We soared to the Great Hall were I supposed Stoick would be, I jumped off Toothless and fell the last few meters landing in a crouch. I then caught Hiccup as Toothless landed.

He roared loudly calling Shadow, Ash and Jem. 

"Stoick!" I shouted as I walked slowly to the Great Hall's entrance, struggling slightly to hold Hiccup who seemed pretty out of it. 

"Astrid" said Stoick running from the hall and taking Hiccup. "What happened to him" 

"He got mad at training and he flew away really angry, and then he must have crashed" I said as tears came streaming down my face.

"Gobber!" roared Stoick. 

Gobber came running and together they went inside with Hiccup. I ran to Toothless, his mate and the hatchlings. 

"Come on Toothless, we need another tail for you" I said as I ran with him to Hiccups workplace. I grabbed Toothless's spare tail, and began fitting it in discarding theruined one, it wouldn't last long anyway.

I stopped when I heard a yak horn being blown I counted them....1....2...3.

We were under attack.