Part 20...

Peridot pov

I quickly headed to my aprtment. Once I was there, I checked on Loki and fed him then I head out again.

I walk down the streets towards the beach. I headed to the little cabin that Jasper said that he was gonna stay at.

I knock on the door and clear my throat.

A minute later the door swings open and Jasper growls.

Jasper - what is is, dork, I was sleeping

Peri - just came over to talk about that job you found

She yawns and stretches.

Jasper - right, it's at a car wash, you know greg?

I raise a brow.

Peri - greg? Ain't that this kids father- what was his name- right, Steven?

Jasper - yep, he lives down the beach

I nod.

Peri - hm, well, thanks for the help, jasp, cya

Jasper - ya

She grunts and I turn to leave as she turns and closes the door.

I chuckle and shake my head as I head off the beach. I grunt and shake my feet.

God Damn sand, getting in my shoes...

Lapis pov

I yawn and lay down. I close my eyes, Then there's a knock at the door.

Must be sapphire...

Lapis - it's open!

I open my eyes suddenly everything goes dark again...

Peridot pov

I stop infront of the car wash and tilt my head. Hm.

?? - How may I help you, sir?

A short man with long Brown hair wearing a white tank top and shorts walks over and smiles.

Peri - you must be greg?

Greg - that's me, you are?

Peri - peridot and I'm just here to see of that job opening is still available

Greg - oh, yes it is, are you interested?

Peri - yeah, yknow, to get money to buy my girlfriend gifts and things like that

I chuckle and smile. He smiles back.

Greg - heh, I get it

We talk for a while and he asks me some things for the job. After what felt like hours (but was actually only like 15 minutes) he have me the job and I thanked him.

I smile as I wave and leave. He waves back and I head down the streets again.

I need to stay on a look out for any available houses or anything better than that filthy apartment...

~Later that day~

I sigh and head to the school dorms. I wonder if lapis can help me figure the whole house thing.

When I get to her room I notice that the door is open. I raise a brow and fully open it.

I look around and I begin to become worried. Lapis isn't in here...

Oh no no no no... Not now, why now!

Ring Ring!

My head jerks to her bed. I quickly run over and pick up her phone.

I answer the call and put the phone to my ear.

Peri - hello?? Lapis??

?? - hello, peridot, it's really nice to hear that your still alive...

Peri - w-who is this?

?? - oh peridot, that's not important, what's important is that I have your lapis and if you don't come to the old barn out of town tonight, ALONE, you will never see her again

*beeeeeeep*

I slowly put down the phone and clench my teeth and fists.

This bastard will not get away with this...

I'm coming, lapis...

[Sorry it's short again, just trying to build up the um tension? I dunno, heh]