Chapter 8

"Thank you so much Auntie Dri!" I smiled at him and leaned in to help him with the seatbelt.

"You're welcome Qua, but you don't even know what I'm getting you yet."

I shut the door then walked around the car and got in.

"I said that because you showed up. Ari said you wouldn't."

What the fuck does she know?

"Aww, well as you can see that wasn't true."

When I was situated I started driving. I went ahead and turned the volume on the radio down. One, Qua probably wants to talk, and two, they play the same shit over and over.

"Auntie Dri?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

That made me smile, I swear he is the cutest, sweetest boy ever.

"I love you too Qua. That's why I had to drop the other thing I was doing in order to come get you."

It's true. I had no problem walking out on my damn mama anyway. She expected me to keep putting on that makeup and taking it off for various photos to put on her website. Why can't she put selfies of her damn self on that bitch?

Qua and I talked about various things as I drove. Twenty minutes later I arrived in a shopping plaza.

"Okay, close your eyes. You've seen enough." I laughed.

He closed his eyes and put his hands on his face.

I parked in front of GameStop then grabbed my wallet out my purse. I was gonna just get him a gift card, but I didn't want Arianna to somehow find a way to sell it. She'd rather buy herself a shirt rather than buy him a game. I also changed my mind because I know there's something he's been wanting for a while.

"Okay, how many fingers am I holding up?" I asked him as I shut the back door. I put up eight fingers.

"Eight, eight is your favorite number."

"True, true. Well how about now?"

I put one of my ring fingers down.

"Uhh, three?"

"Good, come on."

I held on to his arm as we made it across the parking lot.

When we walked in the store, I had to look around for a moment. When I spotted it I walked over to it.

"Okay, this is something you've always wanted."

"Ooo is it a-" He uncovered his eyes. "A WII! Thank you Auntie Dri!"

This little boy got do happy that he started crying. It makes me feel good that I have the ability to make him so happy, he's a good kid, he deserves it.

I may not like Malcolm's ass but at least I get to spend his money on my nephew.

"And guess what else you get to get? Four additional games!"

He got so happy and so hyped.

When it was time for us to check out, the girl behind the counter smiled.

"Is he your... cousin or something? You look too young to be a mom."

I laughed, I'm glad someone else agrees.

"Actually this is my nephew."

"Oh wow, I wish you were my aunt!"

After the small talk she scanned the stuff. The total ended up being a little over three hundred dollars, but it's worth every single penny.