Chapter 15

"What way should I actually feel right now?!"

On my desk, there are three sets of papers. I'm overly joyed about the first one, I want to be happy about the second one, and the last one has the power to change my life forever. I truly am worried about that one.

After just two months, my divorce from Malcolm is finally final. I'm surprised it didn't take longer. Grammy got so excited yesterday when she opened up my mail the other day and read it. She got way more happier than I did, and that just showed me that she really cares about me. I am so relieved that I am officially free from that son of a bitch.

Oh, speaking of that son of a bitch, I ain't gotta worry about his monkey ass anymore! Meyah and Meghan, his sisters, told me what happened when the police officers went to arrest him. His ass went crazy... correction, crazier. He shot three of the officers. They shot his ass back too. I was relieved to find out that none of the officers died though. I didn't really give a fuck about Malcolm's ass though. They could've killed him for all I care.

That had to be a very traumatic sight for Meyah and Meghan, but he had to be stopped.

Much to my surprise, his parents were really apologetic. They cried about it, they felt so terrible that he did those things to me. They even offered me a large amount of money. They said it was for my pain and suffering and so I could get my life on track. I tried to subtly decline, telling them that I was okay, but they wouldn't take no for an answer. I could have kept that money and spent it all on myself, but I split the money between two good charities.

Marcille got so mad when Mr.Hayes quit helping her. I'll never forget the day when she came over here and started physically fighting me. It isn't my fault that she has her priorities fucked up. She's the one that wastes all her money on designer shit. If she was smart she would have been saving her money up so she could fund her own shit.

I was so torn up about her pretty much disowning me, but its her loss. She'll need me before I need her. She has no one. I have Tiffany, Grammy, and Raheem, I don't need her.

I shook my head, not wanting to think about her any longer. She's irrelevant.

I picked up the letter from my dad so I can reread it. He was basically telling me how he has been moved to another location and how he will definitely be getting out of jail this year. He also asked me to come and see him. I'm going, I don't know how I feel about his news though. I should be happy about it, but what'll happen when he gets out? There are also just a bunch of unanswered questions. I don't know.

I laid the paper down then got my notebook to write him back.

Just before I was about to put the ending on it, I heard a knock on my door. I grabbed all my papers then put them into my binder before getting up to open my door. Grammy instantly came into my room.

"Are you okay baby? What's going on with you? And don't you dare try lie to me Adrianna Giselle."

I let out a sigh, that question was expected. I don't know what to tell her though. How can I say this to her? There is no easy way to say this!

When I didn't answer, she put her hand over her mouth. "Is it that bad?"

I pretend to snap out of a daydream.

"Oh sorry Grammy, what was that?"

"Don't play with me little girl."

I sighed. "Fine, I umm... I don't kn-"

Bzzzzz....

Saved by the phone. I went over to my phone and picked it up.

"Arianna? She never calls."