Chapter 13

Adrianna stepped into the church in a sparkly dress, black heels, and a white coat.

There was a long line of people leading up to the pulpit, so she curiously got in line as well.

"WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO MY BABY?! SHE WAS SO YOUNG!!"

She watched as her grandmother went to the front of the line in tears.

The line got shorter and shorter. Soon, she realized what everyone was stepping up to view. An all gold casket.

The person in front of her walked away from the casket, so she walked over to it.

Her eyes grew wider and wider as she saw who was in the casket. Herself.

"Wha- No."

She turned to look at everyone while laughing.

"Funny joke you guys, I am clearly still alive."

No one would listen to her, the funeral service continued on. She kept on trying to get everyone's attention, until the church doors opened again. Malcolm came in and walked down the aisle with a shotgun in his hands.

He walked over to the casket and pointed it at Adrianna's head.

"I AM STILL ALIVE!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T DO TH-"

"Adrianna! Open your eyes baby girl. You have a powerful set of lungs I see."

My eyes shot open to see my grandmother looking at me with a concerned look on her face.

"It was just a bad dream Adrianna. Calm down baby."

"But it was so scary Grammy!" Tears left my eyes as she wrapped her arms around me.

That dream was too real. I swear it was. And the scary part about it is that I keep having dreams similar to that dream. I don't wanna fuck around and think I'm dreaming something like that and it actually be reality.

"It's alright baby. You just had a bad dream."

I put my hands over my face then sunk lower into her arms. She just doesn't know how scary it is to imagine herself in a casket. I swear it was too real.

She took a few minutes to calm me down and comfort me. As I wiped my face I noticed what time it was.

"Uh, where's Malcolm?"

My grandmother's facial expression changed from concerned to disgusted in a split second. I fully expected that.

"Child you just had yourself a little panic attack but you're worried about that man? Guess what honey, you are not going back to that man. I told him it would be best if he let me take care of you for a few days, and he had no choice but to agree. If you don't go to the police in the next twenty four hours I will go for you. He's the reason you were in that damn hospital anyway. You can't tell me no different. I knew it was a reason you didn't seem happy. Who in the hell would stop in front of some stairs and start arguing with someone? We all have our dumb moments but I swear that shit doesn't sound right."

I must have really been out of it to have missed that conversation! I was tired when we came over here though, because as soon as I got out the hospital, we had to go see his family and put up a front. What person wants to get out of the hospital then put on heels and a dress to go be around a bunch of people they don't want to be around?

"But- but I can't Grammy! I love him and he ha-"

"Save it for the in denial person I tried to be. I don't know why I let this go too far. I feel so bad about it. Usually when something doesn't sit right with me, I do something about it. You don't love that man Adrianna. I can see it in your eyes when you look at him. You can't stand him. I don't care what you say. You are getting a divorce and that man is going to jail. Oh, and that ring will never be on your finger anymore."