Chapter 14

"Baby, how ya doin'?

Hope that 'cha fine, wanna know what you got in mind,

And I'm,

Got me fiendin' like Jodeci, girl, I can't leave you alone,

Take a shot of this here Patron' and it's gon' be on,

V.I.P. done got way too crowded,

I'm about to end up callin' it a night,

You should holla at 'cha girl, tell her you shake it the scene,

Pull off, beep-beep, shotgun in the GT with me

She said, "Ohhh-ohhh, I'm ready to ride, yeah,"

"'Cause once you get inside, you can't change your mind,"

"Don't mean to sound impatient, but you gotta promise, baby, ohh..."

Tell me again (Tell me again, my baby),

That we'll be Lovers and Friends (Ohh, I gotta know, baby, aw yeah)

Tell me again (Make sho' you right, ohh, before we leave),

That we'll be Lovers and Friends (Ohh, it's a good look, baby)..."

The song 'Lovers and Friends' by Usher, Ludacris, and Lil Jon started playing on the radio. I hadn't heard this song in a minute, so it's nice to hear it. They keep on playing good, older songs on the radio tonight. That's good, because most of that new shit sounds like shit.

As I drove, my phone wouldn't quit lighting up. When I checked my phone earlier, I saw that I had a bunch of missed calls from my mom. I don't know why the fuck she keeps calling, and I guess I won't know unless I answer her calls.

"Ugh."

I turned the radio down then grabbed my phone to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Why haven't you answered my calls? What did you do to Malcolm? He called me all upset about how he feels like you're going to leave him. I can't have that Adrianna. My line is almost finished. You are going to have to stay with him."

I had to shake my head at her bullshit, why did I expect her to at least try to understand my decision? 

"Ma I'm not staying with him! Grammy-"

"I don't want to hear anything having to do with that bitch! She has all that money and wouldn't give me a penny of it! When your grandfather died she kept everything for herself. She never helped me raise you girls, she's just using you! You have to stay with Malcolm."

Say what? Hmm, let me see, my grandmother stood up to a strong young male so she could protect me. Not just any male, a male who likes to hit women. She knows that! Yeah no, I don't think she's using me for anything.

"Like I was saying, Grammy has took me under her wing. I am not going to be your pawn in your little game. Since you want Mr.Hayes to do all this shit for you, you should be with Malcolm, not me. I was too dumb and too easily manipulated to realize just how dumb I was for catering to your bullshit. And then too he cheated on me with my best friend! He abused me, cheated on me, and misused me. I am not staying with him! You just as crazy as that muthafucka if you believe that I'm staying with him!"

I started looking to my right to see if I can find Raheem's house. I saw his car in his driveway before I actually saw the house number on his mailbox. I parked behind his car then turned the car off.

"Did you hear me you little slut?! I own you bi..."

"I am nobody's slave bitch! Nobody owns me. I am nineteen years old, I can make my own decisions! You are a sn-"