Chapter 16

Why am I always so down? My divorce from my horrible ex is final. I don't have to worry about him anymore. I finally read over my papers and figured out that my womanly exams went well. I was terrified by the thoughts of something going wrong with that. I thought for sure something would go wrong. A person is never too young to have an illness.

Moving on, I live with my grandmother, who pays all the bills. I live with my awesome nephew. I have a boyfriend. I have a best friend that lives in the same city as me. Since things didn't work out with Lelanie and Quianna, Tiffany chose to come home. She now goes to the technical college in this city. She takes three classes. I want to start school, but I don't know if I'll be able to handle it.

I'm at a decent point in my life, but I'm just depressed. Grammy keeps telling me that I will be alright, but she doesn't know that for certain. No one does.

"Auntie Dri! Breakfast is ready." Qua said from outside my door.

"Okay." I said back.

I turned back to the mirror then looked at myself. I might be too dressed up, I don't know. I have on a black strapless, knee length dress, a mint green bandeau top that has a big bow on it, black flat shoes, a mint green and silver bracelet, silver and black owl earrings, and a black cardigan.

I grabbed a hair band and my brush to brush my hair and put it in a ponytail. I braided my hair and then wrapped it into a bun. To secure it, I used bobby pins.

I went over to my purse and picked it up then I left out my room and went downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning y'all." I said on my way to the door.

"Hey wait, aren't you going to eat breakfast before you leave? That man can wait. Ain't like he got nowhere to go!" Grammy said as she rolled her eyes.

It would be nice if she wasn't so against me going to see my father. I don't understand why she's trippin' though. I could have lied about it and told her I was going to spend the day with Tiffany.

She is the one who was all about me not letting people control me, but she keeps on hinting around to how she doesn't want me to go see him. Yeah, okay. Whatever.

"I can get something while I'm ou-"

"No. Come sit down and eat some breakfast."

That's that controlling shit. She's about to force me to eat. I ain't even hungry.

I sat down and folded my arms across my chest without saying a word. This woman put a plate full of food in front of me: Grits, bacon, a biscuit, three pancakes, and sliced strawberries. She tryna put my ass out for the rest of the day. She ain't slick, she knows that if I eat all of this food I'll get sleepy as hell.

I chose to simply pick up my fork and eat. I only ate two pancakes, a piece of bacon, and the strawberries.

When I got up she tried to stop me. "Adrianna Giselle please don't waste all that food."

She knows I don't eat that much, she's the one that's being wasteful. I kissed her cheek. "Put it up for me, I'll eat it later. I have to go."

I leaned across the table to kiss Qua on his head. "I'll see you later honey."

"Okay Auntie Dri! Have a good day!"

"Aww, I'll try. Take care y'all."

I walked outside and got in my car. I freshened my breath by putting a mint in my mouth then I looked In my purse for a nude lipstick to put on.

I then picked out a CD from my case then I put it in my CD player. I kinda wonder if people even use CDs anymore. Everything is so technologically advanced nowadays. Some people have those thing that they can connect their phone or iPod to now. Hmm, it doesn't really matter. Can't worry about what other folks do. I have CDs so I may as well use 'em.