Chapter 1

A/N: The letters wrote in Italic are the dreams

_________________________________________________________________________________

Running in the woods, I'm breathless. I stop to run, look around me, nervously, to see if the guy with a mask has stopped to follow me. I don't see him anywhere so I turn around. As I was about to walk away, I hear a voice.

"You really thought you could escape from me easily, uh? " the guy said, laughing, cruelly.
I can't move. Then, I took a deep breath and started to run again.
"Hey! Come back here now!" I heard, behind me.
After a few minutes of running, I see a possible way out. I walk in the direction of it and...

I suddenly woke up. These kind of dreams has been going on since months, but that masked guy is new. I get up, rub my eyes, and yawn. I change clothes and then go downstairs. The breakfast is ready, I can smell pancakes from upstairs.
"Hey, sweetie" my mom said.
"Hey mom."
I eat my breakfast and get prepared for school. There will be someone new at school today. I look forward to know who it is.

•••••

My first class this morning is English. I was getting my things from my locker when I heard foot steps approaching. I turned around, and I was surprised by the fact it was someone I've never seen before.
"Hi, the guy said."
"Um, hi" I said, surprised.
"What class are you going to?"
"English, what about you?"
"Same. See you there."
He walked away. I didn't even have the time to ask him what is his name, neither why he talked to me like he knew me.

I took a seat in the class, and the teacher introduced the new student. It was the guy who came to my locker during the recess!
"Dear students, we have someone new in our class, even though the end of the year is approaching quickly, I would like to introduce you to our new student, Cameron Walker. He came all the way from London. Cameron, could you please take a seat right there" the teacher said pointing the free desk next to mine.
He walked and took the seat.

••••

After a class of 63 minutes, as I was about to leave the class, Cameron followed me and said, "Meet me at my locker. It is the 546 one." I went to my locker to take my things for my next class and then met him at his locker.
"So, you came. I didn't expect you to come, to be honest" he admitted, with a smirk.
"Why did you want me to come anyway?"
 "I just wanted to know if you would come. "
 "Really? I said, rolling my eyes."
"Yes."
There is a group of girl walking in the hall and then when they saw Cameron, they all stopped and one whispered something to her friends and came."
" Hey, you're the new at school? she said, trying to seduce him."
"Um, yes? he said, trying his best to not laugh at the girl. "
"What are you doing this weekend? "
"I don't know, but can you please go away? Can't you see I'm busy right now?
"Argh, fine, she said, angrily as she walked away. "
Then he looked at me and laughed.

Are they all like this here? he asked, chuckling.

" Nope, only them or probably some others that I don't know."
The bells rang and we walked to our next class, since we are in the same classes almost every time.

For the rest of the day, the teachers introduced him at each classes, and he found some people here pretty weird. At home, no one was there. My mom was working, my dad was at a meeting and my brother was out with friends. I went upstairs in my room and did my homework. Then, I received a notification on my phone, "You received a friend request: Cameron Walker." I accepted his friend request, and then I received a text, "Wanna hang out at Tim Hortons?"
I typed a "yes" and got prepared. I met him at the Tim Hortons, and we ate dinner. 

"So, Abigail, do you have siblings?"

"Yes, I have a brother. What about you?"
" I have a brother me too. He's 22, and I am 17."
"Ok. I'm 18, I admitted. "
"Why are you still in high school?" he asked, surprised.
"I failed a grade once, and I had to do it again. Why are you here at the end of the year? "
"I moved. Actually, my brother moved so I moved in with him. I'll be 18 in July anyway. "
"Oh okay. "
We finished our meal and I went back home. My brother was back with 2 of his friends.
" Hey, Jay. Who's them? "
"Oh, hi Abi. Here's Jayden and Nash. They both moved last week. "
"So, they're new at your school? "
My brother is studying business.

"Yes. "

"There's someone new at my school too, I told Jeremy."
"Probably my brother, Jayden spoke. "
"Wait. Your brother is Cameron Walker? "
"Yeah, Jayden confirmed , chuckling. "
"He talked about you a little. "
"I hope in a good way" he expressed with a smirk.
"Yeah. Anyway, I have to go. Nice to meet you both. "
I went upstairs and turn on my laptop. I browse the web for few minutes and then took a shower to go to sleep after.

••••••

We're Saturday. The week has been pretty nice. I'm tired this morning. I fell asleep at 12AM last night, and I woke up at 8:30 this morning. I changed clothes and went downstairs. My brother was still asleep and my parents was too. I cooked some eggs and ham to make a eggs sandwich and poured some orange juice in
a glass and drank it while eating. Today I have an activity with my family.