Chapter 4

I'm surprised of myself. I follow someone that I don't even know!

The guy help me to get out of where I was stuck and there's no sign of the masked guy. I feel released. I'm not in the wood anymore, and I am with someone, in case something happens. I'm now walking in the streets, and we talk like we've met a long time ago and we're friends. It feels weird.

Few minutes after, someone is following us, but it's not a masked guy. He's wearing casual clothes.
- I think there's someone following us. Let's take this street, Lucas said.
I didn't have time to answer, he already grabbed my wrist and brought me to the small street and we heard the footseps going faster behind us. Lucas said "Run!". The weird person started to run behind us. We hid behind a basement as we saw the person running away from us, he couldn't see where we were.

- Who was that? he asked.
- I have NO idea. There's always someone following me. I don't understand.
- You need protection then. Let me stay with you.
- Um, okay, I hesitated.
As we turned to walk away, the person we thought that had lost us, was before our eyes. Ready to attack. He tried to punch Lucas, but he dodged every punches.
- What do you want? Lucas yelled at the guy.
- I want the girl. She has something that we want.
- I'm soo not done with you yet. You're messing with the wrong guy, Lucas said as he punched the guy very hard.
- Thank you very much. I owe you--
- My pleasure. You owe me nothing, Abigail. It's just not safe to go outside right now. Let me walk you home....

I woke up suddenly. I was breathless, even in real life. I wonder who's that guy that I seem to know very well. I have no idea who is it. And what do I have that these people want so much? My biggest question is, why are these dreams going on every nights?

Again, like the other mornings, I received a text message from Cameron.
"Hey, good morning. Can you come and meet me at the address that I'm gonna text you soon? I hope you'll be there. See you"
I wonder what's Cameron up to. I ate and got prepared to go at the address he sent me.

It's a park or something like that. I recognize Cameron, but there's someone else with him. I wonder who it is. I'm still too far to know who it is.

As I approach, I see the other person with him. I froze when I saw who it was. Cameron came to talk to me. I made something from my bag fall to pretend that I was picking it up.
- Hey, you okay? Cameron said.
- Yeah, something fell off my bag, I said, stuttering.
- Oh okay then. Come, I want you to meet my cousin.
- O-okay.

I walked to where his cousin was.

- So, Abigail, he's Lucas, he's my cousin and---

The rest of what Cameron said, I didn't pay attention to it, since then guy standing in front of me, is the one protecting me during my dreams! He's Lucas from my dreams!! I just cannot believe it. We stared at each other, not to mention that the feeling I had when I first saw him is unexplainable, nor expected.
- Ahem,  are you listening to me both? Cameron asked.
- Sorry, what were you saying? I said, as Lucas is STILL looking at me.
- It's okay, I'll be back I just- I'll be back, he Cameron said, like he was not at his place.
- So, you are Lucas?
- Yeah, he said, stopping to zone out.
- I think I already saw you, did you--
- I did too, he said.
- I dreamed about you last night, I said, awkwardly.
- I did too, I protected you from that guy, following you everywhere.
That was unexpected.
- Y-yeah. So, when I'm dreaming these dreams, you dream them too? I said, stuttering.
- Yes. Look, I have to go, but I guess, I'll see you later? Or in dreams, lol.
- Yeah, I guess.

I feel very weird. When I left that place, I found Cameron.
- What were you talking about? What's the dream thing?
- You were listening the whole time, didn't you?
- Yeah, I was just there, he said, pointing a tree near us.
- Oh, okay.
- So, what is it about? I'm curious, he said, with a smirk.
- I'll explain that later, okay?
- Fine then.

We went to a restaurant, and then, we spent the rest of the evening talking. I'm spending more and more time with him.
When I came back home, my parents was arguing, over some mean less things, for me. I directly went to my bedroom and closed the door. I sent a message to Cameron, "My parents are arguing 😒" and I listened to music. I received a call on my phone right after I sent the text message. It was my cousin.
- Hey, how are you Abi?
- Fine, how about you?
- I'm good, I just wanted to tell you that I got accepted to record a song next Wednesday!

My cousin is in the music industry.

- I'm happy for you, Nellie!
- Will you come and watch me?
- Just give me the address and I'll be there! Of course I wanna see you singing.
- Cool, I'll text you the address very soon, see you Abi.
- See you soon Nellie.
I hung up the phone. It was pretty late already, so I just took a bath and went straight to sleep after.