Chapter 6

Abigail's PoV

This morning, I woke up confused. I have no idea what my dream means. I already heard that sometimes dreams mean something, but how could I know what this one mean? I need someone to clarify everything. I changed clothes and took my phone to make a quick research about dreams. After a few minutes, I notice that if I don't eat like right now, I'm gonna be seriously late for school.

At school, today, it has been very boring. The only part that was a little interesting was when teachers were talking about prom. They said we better find someone soon because prom is coming real fast. During recess, Cameron came to my locker and asked me to accompany him for prom. I answered "yes" and I was kind of happy, I was wondering with who I could go is he would go with someone else. I also noticed that today is Wednesday, which is the day I have to go watch my cousin singing at the stage. It's gonna be fun to see her singing. After school, I got prepared and headed to there.

My cousin sang 3 songs and it was amazing. She should become a singer.

Cameron texted me saying that he wanted to meet me at the same park as last time and Lucas will be there too. I answered "Yes" since I also wanted to meet him and Lucas to talk about my dream. Probably Lucas understand better than me what he told me during the dream.

"Hey" Cameron said as he saw me coming.
"Hi." Lucas said, shyly.
"Hey guys."
"What's up Abigail?" Cameron asked.
"Nothing much. I just have a question for Lucas."
"Go ahead." He said.
"What did you mean by you know what make me special last night during the dream?"
"I-I have no idea. I was wondering too when I woke up this morning."
Cameron made a fake cough. He feels so out of place when I talk about my dreams with Lucas.
"Abigail, I also have a question for you. Or more for you two."
"Go ahead, Cam." Lucas said.
"What in the world are you talking about when you two talk about dreams? It seems like you two are in the same dream. Damn it what is it?"
"Well, we are in the same dreams every nights. I have no idea why, but yeah, you got a point saying that it seems we're in the same dreams."
" Oh, how could you two end up in the same dream?"
"The thing is, it continues every nights. It's the next part of the dream the next night and it goes on and on "I admitted.

After an awkward conversation, I was about to head home when Lucas invited me at his house. I accepted the offer. It's gonna be a little awkward I guess.

"Hey-- who's that?" Jessie said, pointing me.
"It is Abigail" he said, as I looked at him feeling out of place.
"Let's go in the living room" he proposed, looking at Jessie coldly.
"O-okay." I answered, shyly.

We walked to the living room, which is amazing. There was some expensive furnitures, but it was pretty huge for a living room. We sat on the couch, and I was still admiring the house.
"You find my house cool, don't you?"
"Yeah"
"Then you would love my mansion."
"You have a mansion?!" I respond.
" Yeah" he said, chuckling. "What about we get to know us better?"
"Yeah, sure. Where are you from? Where are your parents? who's that girl Jessie? How old are you?"
"Well, first of all, I'm from Collingwood, but i moved here when I was 9. For your second question, my mother, I have no idea if she's alive or dead. She left my father when I was 9, so that's why we moved. I never talked to her after. My father died recently. Thirdly, Jessie is my adopted sister. My dad adopted her when she was 12, and I was 7. Her parents couldn't take care of her anymore. I don't know exactly what happened, but it's what my dad told me. And, finally, I'm 19. What about you?"

"I'm from here. I always lived here in Stratford. I live with my parents for now, since I'm still in high school, and I have a brother. Also, I am 18."
" Nice."

We talked and laughed for awhile before I headed back home. I like being around him, just like in my dreams. When I got home, my brother was packing his stuff.
" Hey Jay. So you found an apartment."
"Yeah" he said, as he stood up and turned around.
"I just hope the best for you" I admitted, sadly and I went in my room. It saddens me because I always have been closer to my brother than to my parents. Well, I will get used to anyway, and I'll probably move one day, too. I took a shower and headed to sleep.

*the next day after what happened*

I took a morning walk like I do every mornings, but I feel worried, more than the other days. This time, there's no one to protect me if something happens. I am a bit scared that someone could come from nowhere and kidnap me, since it almost happened yesterday. I was lucky, I wasn't alone. I have no idea how I could have defended myself from all of them, but mostly the one with the gun.

*A few hours after*
As I am about to enter into my favorite coffee shop, I see someone looking at me strangely, wearing all black, pretending to read the newspaper, but give way to much attention to me to believe that he's reading. I feel embarrassed and lonely. I ordered what I wanted and sit far away to the strange guy. He's still looking at me! I eat as I turn my head to look outside. Suddenly, I hear the strange guy talking with someone. I cannot understand what they say; I'm too far. Then, without warning, I see one of them walking towards me. I start to shake, since I'm so scared.
"Miss, I order you to come with me" the guy said.
"W-why?" I struggled to say.
"We will tell you later. Please, follow me."
I couldn't move. I didn't want to follow him, he was probably with the others from yesterday; he was wearing the same clothes and was acting the same way. Unfortunately, Lucas weren't there.
"I-I have t-to go. I- I'm sorry." I said stuttering, and stand up. The guy, quickly blocked the way.
"I'm sorry, but even if you have to be somewhere, you'll follow me. It's an order, I'm not proposing it."
I fake cough to hide the fact I was anxious. I take a look at the people around me; they're just continuing to do their things and some are looking at me, but just a few glances. I give a desperate look at everyone who's looking at me, but no one moves.
"Are you going to follow me miss? Don't make me mad." he declared as he grabbed my arm and brought me with him. I tried to push him away, and let out some screams, but no one do anything. I can't believe it.
Unexpectedly, I see Lucas farther. He tries to see if it's really me, and when he noticed that it's me, he runs to reach where I am, but it's almost too late. The weird guy is almost at his car and order to another member with him to open the door. When Lucas reaches where I am, it's too late. I see him behind the car. He couldn't save me this time.

They drive the car in a dark place. It's already almost midnight. I've been in the car for soo long. Or it seemed like it has been a long time. They stop the car and open my door. One of them grabs my arm so hard that it hurts. He brings me in the dark place, and treats me like I was nothing. They lock me in a room with nothing. I knock very hard on the door and let out some screams, but no one comes. Only one tells me "shut the f**k up". I decide to sit on the floor, to economize my energy and my hunger. I have no idea how long I'll be in there; I just hope it won't be for too long. There's not even a light...