Chapter 2 -

I walked to the possible way out, which it was sort of a tunnel and I ran. Looking behind me, I bumped into someone. I apologized nervously and started to run again. After a minute or two, i stopped to run. I was on the edge of a beautiful lake. I looked behind me again to see if the masked guy was still there, and no sign of him, but the person whom I bumped into was walking in my direction. I sat on the ground, and then I heard "are you alright? You seem really nervous, kinda scared." I stood up and turned around, " I'm alright." I said, stuttering. "It was just someone following me." Worried, he stayed with me for few minutes.
"I'm Lucas."
"Nice to meet you, I'm Abigail. "
"What are you doing here Abigail? "
"There was a guy stalking me so then I ran but he followed me. I ended up here. What about you? What are you doing here?"
"I was taking a walk and I saw you running. I was wondering what could have happened. "
"Yeah..."
" Follow me, I will get you out of here....."

I woke up when I was about to follow the unknown guy. I received a message on my phone, " Call me when you'll be awake." It was from Cameron. I'll admit since that a since a week has passed, we started to be friends and I like it. I got up and got changed. I went downstairs to make breakfast, and i found my brother already awake, on the computer. He seems to research something very interesting or important.
- What's up Jeremy?

He turned around quickly. Surprised, he said, "I was just looking for something on the internet."

I asked him what was that reaction for, since it look pretty suspicious.
- I'm looking for an apartment, actually, he said, sadly.
- Why? I asked, surprised.
- I'm now 20, and I think it's time for me to move. I'm already in college.
- Yeah, you're right, I answered disappointed, continuing to walk to the kitchen to make my breakfast.

After my breakfast, I called Cameron and he asked me to meet him at his house. I got prepared and tell my brother I was going at Cameron's.

When I knocked at Cameron house's door, Jayden opened.
"Hi, may I know who you are?"
"I am Abigail--"
- Oh okay. Wait a sec, he said, with a smirk.
He shouted, "Cameron, your date is here here!" Then, he laughed. I heard Cameron footsteps, and then I saw him running down the stairs.
"Shut up Jayden" he said before running his hand through his hair. Jayden laughed as he walked away.
- You're already arrived, Cameron said, breathless.
- What was the date thing? I said shocked.
- Just my brother teasing me as the usual.
- Okay.
- Want to enter? he said, showing the way with his arms.
- Sure, I chuckled.
I entered the house and I was amazed. This house is beautiful. I love the furnitures. I was looking around when I heard Cameron, "Let's go in my room, upstairs."
-Have fun Cameron, Jayden said, as he also heard what Cameron said.
- Could you please shut up for once? Cameron answered, mad.
- Okay, Okay.
We climbed the stairs and went into his room.
- My brother is really annoying, Cameron said, rolling his eyes.
I chuckled and admit the fact that confirmed it.
- My brother is about to move, I confessed.
- Where? he said, startled.
- I don't know yet. I found him looking for apartments this morning, on computer.
- So, you'll be living with your parents only?
- Yeah.
- My parents are coming over tonight.
I was surprised by what he said. I didn't know his parents wasn't living with him since it's the first time I enter his house. I just thought that his parents was away. 
- You don't live with your parents?
- No, I moved in with my brother only.
- Oh. Why?
- We weren't getting along very well, my parents and I. Neither my parent was getting along with my brother, so we decided to move together since he's 22 and they accepted. They're coming over tonight and I sort of stresses me out since they didn't really agreed with that but ended up agreeing on it seeing that nothing was nothing was going to improve.
- Everything going to be alright, I tried to reassure him.
- I hope, he said, sighing.
We talked for few minutes before I got a call on my phone. It was my parents, they asked me where I was even if I told my brother to tell them, they said that my Jeremy was out. I told them I was at Cameron's. They also told me that they wanted me to go back home as it was already noon and my mom wanted to go shopping for my prom dress.
"I have to go Cameron, I'm going shopping this afternoon. For my prom dress."
He only answered "okay, see you later".

I walked to my home and my mom said "go upstairs honey, there's a gift waiting for you in front of your room's door."
I hurried upstairs and found a small box. I opened it and there was $1000 with  a letter.
"There's a $1000 for you in this box for your prom dress and the rest is for you. Hope you like our gift, kisses from Mum & Dad."
I went downstairs and hugged my mom.
"Thanks for the gift" I said.
"You're welcome"

After a boring afternoon of shopping, I came back home with my dress, earrings and a necklace and shoes. There's $300 left. I must admit that I didn't take the less expensive dress considering it was for prom.

I put on my dress and sent a picture to Cameron.
"What do you think of my dress?"
I got an answer after 3 minutes.
"Love it. You look gorgeous!"
I put it into its protection and wardrobe. Prom is in a month and my mom told me that I must get ready before I'm order to have enough choice to get the dress that I want. Then, I got a called from Nellie, my cousin.

•••••

~To be continued~