Chapter 8

Abigail's P.o.V

It has been four days that I'm locked up in this room. The people in here have been treating me very badly and I barely ate during these days. When I could have two meals, I was really lucky. Otherwise, I had only few things to nibble, or one meal. I wish I could just beat them all and get out of here; or that Lucas would come and save me. Today, I've wished the whole day and even prayed for him to come, since I don't know why I haven't heard about him yet. I wonder what he has been doing all these time.

Later

Suddenly, I hear a noise coming to the room I'm in. Then, I see the door handle moving. I prepare myself for the worst and turn my hands into fists. I walk backward, still facing the door, and go in the corner of the room, so the person who's going to enter won't see me. I don't know what time is it or anything, and I feel very week. I can hardly stand up and stay up on my feet. I use all of my energy to do what I'm doing and wait for the door to open.

"Abigail?"

I hear a familiar voice. It's Lucas! Therefore, all of my wishing worked! He really came!

"Lucas? What are you doing here? And how did you manage to get here? How did you--'' I asked, surprised to see him, but happy at the same time.

" Stop talking and follow me please. I'll explain everything later." he said, grabbing my hand. ''We have to hurry in case the guards would wake up"

We ran through the basement and we head outside. We hurry to the car, but then we hear a voice.

"Very well. You really thought that you could escape?" the voice said, then then laugh evilly. We turn around to see a man facing us.

"Hide behind me" Lucas tell me. '' Who are you?"

"I'm the main leader of here" the man explained. "You cannot go away like that after knocking off all of my people without meeting me" he said, laughing.

"Really, you think I can't beat you too?'" Lucas replied, upping his sleeves.

I run away and hide somewhere hoping to not see a guard. I look at both of them talking and then they start to beat each other. The man seems to be somewhat powerful, but Lucas punches him harder. I hear them talking, but i can't understand what they say. I just stand behind a tree, looking at them fighting. I wish I could do something. I feel so useless, but I'm way too weak to beat someone like the leader Lucas is fighting with.

After the fight

Lucas finally gave him the final punch the man fell down, unconscious. I walk back to Lucas and he simply say, "I got it. Now let's go before someone else comes" I follow him to the car and get in. I look at his face and it's bruised.

"Hey, your face is bruised" I tell him, with a concern voice. As I can see, he's still on the adrenaline. He turns his head to face me say, "I'm okay don't worry"

He starts the car and starts to drive it out of the location in the woods. He saved me, again.

***

I woke up breathless this morning, not to mention I've been pretty sick lately. I couldn't go to school, I had to stay in bed. I can barely get out of it, but this morning I'm starting to feel better. I wonder if this dream thing has something to do with it...

Fortunately, today it's Saturday. I try to get out of my bed when I see my mom passing by. She sees me trying to get out of bed and stop in front of my room's entry.