Chapter 16

+Abigail's P.o.V
When I woke up this morning, I realized that I was sleeping besides Lucas. Yesterday, I was so tired, I could have slept on the floor if I had to. I opened my eyes and I saw Lucas,facing me, still asleep. I quickly got up, and took my phone. As I was about to unlock it, 'Oh no, I forgot to call my parents last night' I thought. I received 10 missed calls from my mom, 12 calls from my dad and 16 calls from my brother, not to mention the 30 text messages he sent me. My voice mail was full of message from my mom saying, "Hey, Abi, where are you? I'm worried sick. Come back home or at least, call me. Love you." I looked over at the time at the top of my phone, 9:00AM. I called my mom right away, and she picked up 2 seconds after, just like she was waiting for my call, "Oh my god, are you alright Abi?" my mom said, desperately. "Yes, mom. Don't worry. Yesterday, after my prom party I was so tired, Lucas came to pick me up since it was late and I didn't want to wake you up. Then, I stayed over at his house for a while and started to be very very tired so I slept at his house. I'm sorry, I forgot to call and I also forgot my key on the table in my room--" I got cut off by my mom, "It's okay, honey. Just tell me when you're coming back." As my mom asked me that, Lucas woke up and he yawned before giving me a confused look, "I don't know, probably going to eat breakfast before." I said, unsure. "Okay. Call me later, alright? Don't scare me like that again." she lightly chuckled before hanging up. I put back my phone on the night table beside the bed slowly when a flashback of my dream appeared in my mind. It was the part where I was acting weirdly and Lucas and I kissed. I blushed bright pink, as I reminded that and also because he was just in the bed beside where I was standing, awkwardly. "Good morning." he spoke stretching. "G-good morning." I replied, looking away, in order to avoid his gaze so then he couldn't see that I was blushing. But, as I was thinking he wouldn't notice, he sat in the bed and stared at me, before asking me, "What's wrong, you seem flustered." I put a hand on my face as I turned my head to face him and said, "N-nothing." I shook my head to remove the thought off of my head and changed the subject, "What are we eating this morning? I'm starving." I declared as I stopped blushing. I slightly nodded off, and got up, "What do you want to eat? It's your choice." he proposed with a smile. I smiled back, "Anything?" and he confirmed, "Anything you want." so, I told him, "Let's go in the restaurant nearby. It's breakfast time, before it ends, we should go." He nodded, "Alright. Nearby restaurant it is" he replied and I lightly chuckled.

We got ready, and headed to the restaurant. I had to borrow some clothes to Jessie, since I had none. Lucas and I tiptoed into her room while she was asleep and managed to get me a top and some pants. I order a chicken salad sandwich, even if it is not in the breakfast menu, and Lucas ordered a egg sandwich. We sat at a table where were not to many people and ate our breakfast. Lucas talked about the moment I was blushing earlier, which made me blush again, "What happened earlier? Sorry to talk about it again, but you looked weird. Just want to know if you're alright." I nodded, "Well, don't you remember the dream we had last night?" As I said that, he almost choke with his food and looked over at me, also blushing. "Y-yeah." he awkwardly said.

*******

When we got back, Jessie was awake, eating her breakfast. When she saw me, her eyes widen, "What are you doing with my clothes?" she said in bit of a harsh tone. "I-I--" I started awkwardly when Lucas cut me off, "She stayed over last night, because she was too tired after her prom party and she forgot her key at her house. This morning we ate breakfast at a restaurant, so we borrowed some of your clothes." Jessie nodded but then gave us a confused look, "Where did she sleep, there isn't any spare room with a bed in here." Lucas and I glanced at each other. We started to be flustered and Jessie lightly laughed, "Ok, I get it. It's okay. You slept both in Luke's room, didn't you?" We lightly nodded.

********

In the afternoon, we got prepared and decided to go at Lucas father's house, to find some information. Jessie came along with us, surprisingly, it seems they are finally getting along. That's nice. Jessie searched for something in the living room, and after a few minutes, Lucas decided to call my uncle again.

"Hello?" it said.

"Hi, it's me, Lucas, Michael's son."

"Ah, hello. How you doing?"

"I'm doing good, listen, do you know anything about the dreams? I'm tired of seeing Abigail suffering all the time." Lucas said, as he looked over at me.

"Well, if it's the gang who's hunting your dream, I can't do anything for it, but the only thing I can tell you is, keep on having a good relationship with Abigail during daytime, but nighttime as well."

"What do you mean?"

"If you have a bad relationship with Abigail during daytime, it will affect your nighttime relationship as well. For example, you could not remember anything from the dream you had while Abigail would be suffering in her dream and if you are in bad terms for a week, she won't see you for a week during the dreams, and will be affected from it, if she get attacked."

I saw the shocked look the Lucas' face.

"But, why does it have to be me?"

"I can't answer this, but just, protect her, okay? Remember this, as long as you two are together, no one, neither anything can stop you. In real life as well as in the dreams. I suggest you to NOT lose Abigail. You are the only one who can protect her. You are the only one who understand her properly. Do you remember if you told her something about her being special or?"

"Y-yes, how do you know?"

"I was in the dream when you said it. I was close to where you two were. Last thing, do you believe in soul mates?"

"I guess?" Lucas answered unsure, who looked more like a question.

"Well, you have your answer here."

"A-Abigail is my s-soul mate?"

My eyes widen when I heard that and Jessie stopped what she was doing and turned around to face him.

"Yes, she is. Don't leave her, okay? She could become weaker if you ever lose her."

"I-I know."

Lucas hang up the call and look at me, my eyes are still wide. Jessie is still facing us, but he hugged me tightly, "We have to stick together forever, alright?" Confused, I asked, "Why?" He let go of me, and look at me straight in the eye, "It's just better if you do. I don't want you to become weak. You know what happens when we are in a bad relationship, do you?" I was still confused by all of this, "I think?" he slowly shook his head, "You become sick, you can't get up of bed, remember  that cold you got last time you got locked up? It even affect your real life." he hugged me again, "I couldn't stand the pain if I lose you." Jessie's eyes widen as he said that. It looked like she's surprised, like she has never seen him like that before. I hugged him back, tightly, "I couldn't either, you know." Then, still holding each other, but with space between us, our gaze locked, and we kissed softly, as in the dream. After we pulled off the kiss, he whispered to my ears, "I love you, Abigail." and I whispered back, "I love you too."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note!

Hey everyone! This is the end of this book! I know, it somehow ends on SMALL cliffhanger, but you can imagine the rest as you want. Thank you all! I was a bit sad while writing this, since it's the end of the book, and I got pretty attached to it, especially the characters, haha.

By the way, it may take a while before I start I real new book, and what I mean about it, is that I have one-shot idea.....

Stay tuned by following me on my blog: simmerfolife.wordpress.com and/or on Twitter: Lanazelda1 I actually upload the link of my blog posts on Twitter. The only reason why I have a blog id that I write LOOOONG posts and it really doesn't fit on Twitter. I mostly write my author's note there, since I think a book is to read the story, and not author's note about anything (if you have ever read my posts, you understand what i mean XD) Actually, I don't only write simple author's note, I also post some of the ideas coming up, I ask some stuff (I'm always open for requests!), I do reviews, and I write my opinion about the book I read or app or movies or stuff like that (but it's more like a sort of summary and I give 1 to 5 stars depending on how I liked it.)

I hope you liked my book and see you in the next one!

GOOD NIGHT/DAY!! <3

(sorry for the big author's note. This is what I mean by, "I shouldn't write author's note in the books. It take half a chapter lol.)