Chapter 14 - I'm here for Ray, bring him to me

The Goddess was relaxing in her bower with her pup. Ray had been returned to the past some time ago and she greatly missed him. It wasn't just the fact he had been her lover or even the father of their pup. He was simply a wonderful male and had been very enjoyable to talk to and spend time with. No there wasn't anything beyond that since ultimately when she took a mate it would be the Pack Lord who was her mate. Ray also had a very refreshing view point on her world as well.

While she was nursing their pup, she tightened her expression since she felt an intrusion into her world. Once the force had firmed up she stared at the Androgynous Folician, "So what are your commands? I am not pleased though I know I have irritated you. Just speak and leave." The being was one of the fates and the Goddess could feel the being's annoyance with her.

*You will take the pup before she is a turn old and deliver her to the temple of your choice. For the moment, you won't know why I have instructed this. Your involvement in the pup's life will be blocked until such time as it is time for you to know why. Do not try to change this or else.* The other being faded from view.

The Goddess snarled but suddenly some of her memories were gone and she wasn't sure why she was so upset. Instead she leaned back and looked at her little girl and stroked a cheek as she nursed, "I do need to return you to the real world soon little one. I will always love and care for you." The pup was about six months old so she had some time before she needed to take her to the real world.

The next few months flew past as she took care of the pup and started weaning her off the breast. The Pack Lord had been stopping by reasonably frequently and helping take care of the pup as well, "She is so very lovely and I can see hints of you in her. Then again, I can see hints of her Sire as well. The two of you made a lovely little girl."

When he occasionally said something like that she simply smiled. For some reason, she didn't have any drive or need to wonder who the Sire of the baby girl was. It was rather odd that she didn't feel that way since normally she would have but instead settled for simply loving the little girl. Eventually the time came and with a sigh the Goddess stood up from her low settee and pulled on some threadbare robes. She collected the little girl and after creating a comfortable basket for her she stepped into the real world.

Once there she looked up as she felt snow starting to come down. She slowly trudged down several roads and finally broached the open space in front of the Temple. Why this one felt right she wasn't sure but the Goddess knew it was the best choice. Carefully carrying the basket, she slowly trudged across the open space to the doors. They were closed to keep the cold out though she could have walked in if she wanted. Due to the geas she had to simply put the basket down.

When she did she carefully tucked the little girl more into the thick blankets and pressed the button for the chime. Once she had she turned and moved away. The threadbare robe she was in dragged across the snow but faded the further she was from the doors. Suddenly she found herself in her realm and the Pack Lord was there. He gathered her close as she started to sob into his chest, "I know milady, but this is for the best. Your child will be taken care of and all will be well." He finally picked her up and carried her to her bower and settled down next to her and pulled a light cover up over them.

~~~

Over the last few days the Piece Forcers had been going over every piece of information they had. For them as far as they were concerned this was a murder investigation. The issue with the Air Car might be part of it but the female had been killed by something else. The coroner had been working his ass off to the exclusion of all else. Then again for him there was rarely something this complex. Most of the cases were relatively easy.