Chapter 2: Hurt

Nya's POV

I woke up at the sound of Jay's cries of pain. I shot up and rubbed my eyes. "What's wrong?!" I asked him, worry's shown in my voice.

He looked at me with tears streaming down his cheeks. "M-My body!" He sobbed.

I embraced him and stroked his hair gently. My heart shattered into small pieces, just watching him cry makes me want to cry...

"Shhhh...please don't cry..." I soothed him. He calmed down and wiped his tears away. "I-I'm scared..." he said.

I pulled him closer to me. "Everything is going to be okay...just stay strong, okay?" I said, smiling reassuringly at him. He nodded slowly and laid back down on the bed.

I looked at his shirt to find it...red?! "What happened?!" I gasped, getting more worried.

He looked at his shirt and covered it by his hand. "I-I got hurt while training...I'm sorry..." he said and I sighed.

"Do you know that simple mistake made you ill?! Why didn't you tell me?!" I said. He hung his head low.

"Now it's infected! And bacteria entered your bloodstream!" I said. "Why are you making everything worse?! I said I'm sorry, it was an accident and I didn't want to worry you!" He said, tearing up.

I gasped and hugged him. "No! Don't cry! I-I'm sorry!" I said. He hugged back and sobbed into my shoulder.

I looked at him and gave him a cute smile. He looked up at me and flashed a small smile. I grabbed the disinfectant, a needle, a thread, and some bandages then turned around to face him.

He looked at me with a hint of fear shown in his eyes. "Hey, it won't hurt much." I reassured him.

"Sure...?" He asked. I nodded and put the materials beside him on the table.