Chapter 3: Worse

Nya's POV

"Take off your shirt so I can start..." I said. He blushed slightly and gently sat up, then he took off his shirt.

I looked at him and felt my face heat up. ' No staring Nya! You have to help Jay now! ' I thought. I nodded and moisturized the cloth using the disinfectant, then I walked to him.

I looked at the wound and winced at the sight of it. The wound on his stomach looked deep and painful. I sighed. "That's for sure going to hurt..." I mumbled.

Jay sighed and laid back down. "Be gentle please." he said and I nodded. "You need to stay strong, okay?" I said. He bit his lip and nodded his head.

I took a breath and gently cleaned the wound. I heard little whimpers come out of him and he closed his eyes shut.

I held his hand and continued."It's okay..." I kept mumbling.

Then I took the cloth away and kissed his cheek. "Sorry." I said. He breathed heavily and smiled slightly. "I-It's okay..." he whispered.

I looked at the wound to find it clean. "Want me to stitch it?" I asked. He shook his head no. "No need, I hate stitches anyways..." he said. I smiled and wrapped the wound in bandages.

Jay smiled and hugged me. "Thank you." He said. I chuckled and hugged back. "No problem!" I replied.

Unexpectedly, I felt his muscles loosen. "Jayie?" I asked. I looked at him to only find him... unconscious?!. He groaned in pain and went a bit pale.

I shrieked in fear and heard the door slam open. I looked at it to find Kai and Lloyd.

"What happened?!" Lloyd asked, carrying Jay. "He's very ill, and we must take him to the hospital now!" I yelled, tears streaming down my cheeks. Lloyd took Jay and ran outside the bounty.

Kai grabbed me and embraced me. "Hey...everything is going to be alright..." He comforted me. I looked up at him and sobbed. "I-I'm scared that Jay might be badly hurt.." I sobbed.

Kai sighed and stroked my hair. "Don't cry, Jay is going to be alright. The doctors will take care of him, and we will visit him when they say we can do so, okay?" He said. I nodded my head.

"You have to stay strong for him..." he said, wiping away my tears. I took a breath and calmed down."Th-Thank you Kai." I said, smiling at him. He looked down at me and smiled back."No need, little sister.."