Chapter 8

I ran all the way home and I stopped when I saw an unfamiliar car in my driveway. It could only be one person. I ran into my house and there stood my best friend, Viki. I ran and hugged her. "Oh, Viki, I missed you." I said as we hugged. "I missed you, too, Taylor." Viki said. Then she noticed my tears. "What's wrong, Taylor?" she asked as she sat on the couch. I told her about how Alex and I made up and how Alex was a liar. Viki rubbed my back and kept telling me it would be ok. My phone buzzed and I looked at the caller ID and it was Alex. " I don't want to talk to him." I said hiding my face in one of the couch pillows. Viki grabs my phone and answers it. "Hello, Alex, please stop calling Taylor. She doesn't want to talk you anymore." Viki said then she hung up. We stayed in all night watching movies and eating ice cream. 

          Dad walked in about an hour after I came home. "Hey, girls." he said as he sat on the chair. "How are you, Viki?" he asked her. "I'm good." she said. "I haven't seen you in a long time." Dad says. "Well, I have music to write, so I'll let you girls mingle." Dad said. Things have been awkward since mom died. Viki and I talked about Austin and Alex, even though it hurt to. "I have to ask, Taylor, but do you like Alex?" Viki asked. "I don't know. When he stayed the night, it felt right." I said. Viki's eyes widened. "Not like that, Viki!" I said. "He stayed here because my dad left me alone for the night." Viki got it. "I'm sorry, but there are guys better than him." Viki said rubbing my arm trying to cheer me up. "I know. I just thought he would be different."I said. "I know. I know." Viki said. We went to bed and I hoped tomorrow would be better.

           I woke up and my eyes were so dry from crying. I checked my phone and noticed no call from Alex. 'Thank God.' I thought. I got dressed and looked in on Viki who was still sound asleep. I walked downstairs and got some breakfast. I hear a knock on my door. I go to answer it. It was Robert. "What do you want?" I said thinking about slamming the door in his face. "Look, Alex wasn't trying to hurt you. At first, he was set on making a fool of you, but then he fell for you and told Austin he wouldn't do it. Austin was trying to start drama. Alex really cares about you." Robert said. "Why are you telling me this?" I asked. "Because I know Alex cares about you and he is miserable." Robert said. "Okay, I have to think about this." I said as I showed him out. I closed the door and leaned against it. Viki appeared at the top of the stairs. "Did you hear everything?" I asked her. She came and held me while I cried. I am so confused.

                         HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!!!!