Chapter 25

We get to school and Robert went straight to Alex and grabbed him by the shirt. "Why did you do it, Alex?" Robert snarled at Alex. "What the hell, man?" Alex said. Robert shook Alex. "You burned my house down and I want to know why." Robert said. "You're mistaken, Robert. As much as I wish I was the one who burned down your house, it wasn't me." Alex said. I believed Alex, strangely enough. "Robert, he's telling the truth." I said to Robert, who just stared at me. "So you somehow are an expert at reading people?" he said. "I've know Alex along time. I know when he's lying and when he's telling the truth." I said. Robert shook his head. "He burned my house down and you're defending him? I thought you were on my side. I thought you loved me, but I guess not." he said as he put Alex down and walked away shaking his head. "Robert, stop being over dramatic." I yelled after him. He stopped. "Me being overdramatic? You are the one who keeps moping because Alex moved on when you left. I thought maybe I could change your mind about him, but you never were over him and you never will be. I'm done, Taylor. I can't take you and your drama anymore." he said. I was so shocked I smacked him. He reached up and touched the cheek I smacked. Nobody, especially me, could believe I smacked him. "Robert, I'm so sorry." I tried to apologize. He walked away. I ran out of the school building and back to my house. I flung myslef on my bed. I can't believe I hurt Robert. My phone rang 8 times, but I didn't feel like answering it. I figured it was Viki and Andrew worrying about where I am. I fell asleep crying.

              I woke up miserable. I looked at the clock. 'It's only 3 a.m.' I thought groaning. I checked my phone. 21 missed calls. All from Alex? I couldn't believe it. He even left a voicemail. "Hey, Taylor. Call me when you get the chance? We need to talk about us." he said. I was so confused. I texted him. 'Hey, Alex. What about us? As far as you said, there is no us.' I texted. Then, I went back to bed. I had a lot in my mind. I knew Robert was right. I never was truly over Alex. I just figured when I went away, Alex would still be here when I left. I got my phone and texted Robert. 'I'm sorry I slapped you. It was so uncalled for. You're right. I wasn't over Alex, but I thought maybe you could make me forget, but you didn't. I'm sorry. I hope we can be friends and put this all behind us and if not I understand.' He texted back immeadiately after I sent it. 'I'm sorry, but no we can't.' he texted. I put my phone down and I sat on my bed. I lost a friend. 

                I went to school and I feel like a zombie. Alex never texted me back or called me after I texted him. I guess he was messing with my head about what Robert said yesterday. I slammed my locker. I feel someone shove me against my locker. "Do you think you can steal Alex from me?" I hear Sarah ask me. I shoved her off me. "I don't intend to do anything. I'm just trying to survive high school." I told her which, in part, was true. "Just stay away from him or I'll spill a little secret I know about you to the whole school." she said. Then she flicked her hair in my face and walked away. Alex appears at the end of the hall and she kisses him. Alex breaks away and looks at me, but I started walking away. "Taylor, wait up." Alex said and started to rush after me, but the bell rang signaling w had 5 minutes to get to class. I was really hoping Spanish would take forever, because Alex has that class and I don't want to talk to him.

                         THANKS FOR READING! HOPE YOU LIKE IT!! PLEASE VOTE FOR IT??????