Chapter 16

We make it to the hospital and Viki and I sprint in and we run to the desk. "Taylor Evans, what room is she in?" I asked them. "Room 118 down this hall last door on the right." I head down the hall and fnd her room. I go in and I about cried. She's hooked up to these machines. Her faces was scratched and bruised, her arm was in a cast. She looked like she was just sleeping and I could go over to her and wake her up and she'd be okay. We wait around till the doctor comes in. "Hi, are you Taylor's mom?" he asked mom. "No, but I'm her legal guardian." my mom said. "Well she has a few broken ribs, a broken arm, some burns on her hands, and a broken arm. I don't know how much internal damage she has until she wakes up, if she does." he said. Adam burst into tears and Viki took him to the cafeteria to get some food. I looked over at Andrew and he was hanging his head. He blamed himself for this.

       As soon as the doctor left, I went to sit by Taylor's bed. "Taylor, I know you can't hear me, but I'm sorry you are here because of me." I said and the tears started falling. I knew I couldn't live without this girl. "I will be here for you till the end." I said as I grabbed her hand. I saw Andrew walk out and I looked at mom. She gave me the look that said 'I'll stay with her. Go check on Andrew.' I got up and ran after Andrew. "Hey, Andrew, what's wrong?" I asked him as we sat in the waiting room. "It's my fault she's here. I told her to leave and she ends up in the hospital." Andrew said starting to cry. "It's not your fault. You didn't know this would happen. You were upset because she brought Robert into our house." I told him rubbing his back trying to comfort him. Andrew buried his hed in my shoulder. "I know when she wakes up she'll be mad at me. She won't want to speak to me again." Andrew said. "Taylor is very forgiving." I told him. He shook his head. "Why would she want to?" he asked. "Because you are like a brother to her." As I said brother, one person I didn't want to see is Taylor's brother, Steven walk into the hospital. He must have known I was staring at him, cause he looked at me and his face went rigid. "Alex Constancio, what are you doing here?" Steven asked. "Taylor is in the hospital." I said, but I knew he already knew that. "Where is her room?" he asked. I looked at Andrew who was sitting watching thie conversation between me and Steven. "Right this way." I said.

             As we entered her room, Steven went to her bedside. "Taylor, it's me Steven." he said kissing her forehead. "Steven, you're here." mom said. "Yes, Mrs. Constancio. I got a call from dad saying she was in the hospital. So I came down to see her. How is she?" he asked concerned. "She has a few broken bones, some burns on her hands, and sratches, cuts, and bruises everywhere. The only problem is they don't know if there is any internal damage until she wakes up from a coma." mom said.  Steven's face turned white. He grabbed Taylor's hand. "You need to wake up, Taylor. I don't want to be an only child." he said rubbing her hand in his. The doctor walked in and noticed Steven. "Is this another son of yours?" he asked mom. "No, this is Taylor's brother." she said. " I thought you said you were her legal guardian." the doctor said. "I am." mom said clearly irritated. "No, if her parents are gone, her brother is her legal guardian since I'm assuming he's over 21." the doctor said looking at Steven. "I'm 24." Steven said. The doctor dropped the issue and checked Taylor's heart beat. "Still no change." he says. He asked Steven and mom if they could talk in the hallway. 

Taylor's P.O.V

            I saw Mom running in a field of flowers and she was skipping and laughing. She turned to look at me. She reached her hand out to me and I took it. We danced and skipped for what seemed like hours. She sat in the flowers and said, "As much as I want you here with me, you can't stay." I looked confused. "Why not, mom?" I asked her. "Because there is a boy there who needs you so much more than I do." Then, I saw Alex and he was pleading for me to wake up. "Will I ever see you again?" I asked her. "Someday, yes. Hopefully not soon." she said as she kissed my cheek. I hugged her and then she started fading away.

           I opened my eyes and I looked at Alex, who was staring down at me. "Taylor's awake." he yelled and Mrs. Constancio, a guy I assumed was the doctor, and my brother Steven all entered the room. The doctor starte checking me over to make sure internally I was okay. I felt Steven reach for my hand. I haven't seen him since him and dad had a fight leading to Steven walking out of our family. Dad always regretted letting Steven walk away. "She is fine." the doctor told the. "Her heart and lungs look good. She's not having breathing problems. She still needs t be here for a day or two for safety precautions." the doctor said. Steven leaned down and hugged me. "I was so worried." he said into my shoulder. I had missed my brother all 5 years he was gone. Viki and Adam walked in and Adam yelled, "Taylor." as he went to run up and jump on my bed. Steven caught him as he started to jump. "Sorry, sport, you can jump on her bed ike that. She has some broken bones and cuts and it would hurt her, but you can sit on the bed you just ave to be very careful." Steven said placing Adam on the bed next to me. Adam hugged me and I hugged him back. "I missed you a lot, Taylor. I was scared you wouldn't wake up." he said. "Well you don't have to worry anymore." I told him. I looked at Andrew and he wouldn't look at me. I was worried about him. He hasn't said anything, but I know I'm going to have to talk to him.

             THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING MY STORY! I AM SO HAPPY OU GUYS ARE ENJOYING IT! I DID AN ALEX P.O.V IN THIS CHAPTER AND THE LAST BECAUSE I FIGURED SINCE SHE WAS IN A COMA IT WAS A GOOD TIME. I MIGHT DO MORE OF HIS P.O.V  IN OTHER CHAOTERS, BUT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THAT IDEA:D 

VOTE

COMMENT:DO YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE AND HOW LONG SHOULD I MAKE THIS STORY AND MAYBE SHOULD I DO A SEQUEL TOO?

FOLLOW ME

ADD TO YOUR READING LIST

SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS

I LOVE YOU READERS A LOT! THANK YOU FOR READING AND THE POSITIVE COMMENTS!