Chapter 13

We arrived at the beach and Adam jumped out. "I'm so excited!" he yelled. We all laughed at him. "Come on, Viki." Adam said grabbing her hand and leading her to the water. Andrew followed closely behind them. I smiled, because I think Andrew really likes Viki. I started walking towards the water and Alex was by my side. "Hey, you okay?" he asked. I wasn't going to tell him I was thinking about my dad, because he gets mad when I mention him. "Yeah just a lot on my mind." I said. We fell silent for a minute and Alex was going to say something, but his mom came up. "Taylor, can I speak to you for a minute?" she asked. I looked at Alex and turned to her. "Yes." I said as she guides me to a bench.

        "I was thinking and since today is Wednesday, I think you should start school Monday." she said as we sat on our chairs. "Oh." was all I said. The thought scares me. I don't ant to go back. "Yes, I know you don't want to, but you'll have Alex, Viki, and Andrew with you. They'll help you out." she said. "I know, it's just I'm sure everybody has heard about the suicide attempt." I said. "Yeah, but you know, you were hurting." she said. I looked at her. "Okay, I'll give it a try." I said reluctantly. "On another note, I see how close you are getting to Alex and I just want to say Be careful with my son's heart. He really likes you, so don't play with his heart, or lead him on when you really don't like him." she said. "I would never do that. I just don't know what my heart wants because everything that has happened in the last week has been a blur." I said. "I know and I am always here for you. I just want you to be careful with A;ex's heart." "I will, ma'am. I would never dream of hurting him." I said in all sencerity. She got up and I was still sitting there. 'Did that really just happen?' I think to myself. I was so lost in thought I didn't notice Andrew come up behind me. He grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. "Andrew!" I shrieked. "Put me down right now!" I said banging on his back. I look where he's heading and my eyes grew wide. "Please stop, Andrew. Put me down right now." I said squirming even harder. I looked at Alex who was standing and laughing. "Don't just stand there Alex, do something." I said to him. "No, I think Andrew's got it taken care of." Alex smirked. Andrew stepped in the water and dropped me. "Ugh, I'll get you, Constancio!" I yelled as I chased after Andrew in the water. I kept tripping and falling down in the water. Andrew was laughing so hard, I went right up to him and pushed him over and he fell backwards and landed in the water. I started to walk away, but Andrew got up and got one of the buckets for building sandcastles and filled it with water and said, "Taylor." I turned and he got me right in the face with the water. Alex laughed and I looked at him. He came out to us and I pushed him in the water and I laughed at his expression. "I'll get you, Evans." he said. Viki was playing with Adam in the sand and Andrew snuck up behind her and dumped water on her head. "Andrew." she yelled. Andrew dropped the bucket and ran behind me and Alex. "Let me at him." Viki said. Alex and I looked at each other and parted so Andrew was visible to Viki. She walked up to him and he surprised her by kissing her. Before Viki could react, Mr. Constancio yelled, "Time to go." We packed up our stuff and headed home.

           We get back and Viki and I are tired so we go into our room and lay on our beds. She instantly fell asleep. I thought about everything that Mrs. Constancio had said and what Viki said this morning. 'Does Alex really care for me?' I thought to myself. I shook my head. "He couldn't." I said out loud to myself. "Yes he could." Alex said from the doorway. He walked in and sat on my bed. "I really do like you, Taylor." he said looking at me. "I guess it wasn't that obvious." he said. "It was obvious to everybody but me." I told him. I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I love you too, Alex." I told him. He put his hand under my chin and lifted my face so I could look into his eyes and he kissed me. I felt this spark when our lips touched. I knew he could feel it too. I didn't want it to ever end, but it had to. I looped my hand in his.

                HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE I'LL TRY AND UPDATE AGAIN, BUT SINCE I'M SICK I CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH WRITING.