Chapter 5

'Gabby.' Sam says frantically. Gabby runs out from behind the bar and to Sam and Nate who have slowly put Lilly lying on her back, on the floor. Gabby checks for a pulse.

'She's got a pulse but it's faint and she's tachycardic.' Gabby says. Sam gets her phone out and dials 911. Within minutes the ambulance arrives. The paramedics put Lilly onto the guerney and take her out to the ambulance. Sam and Nate follow.

'Take the car. I'll stay with her. Follow us and call Mark.' Sam tells him. He nods and she gets in the back of the ambulance. 'I guess we'll catch up another time.' Sam smiles at Gabby. Gabby nods and then closes the ambulance door before it drives off to Chicago Med.

'Dr Choi!' Maggie shouts as the paramedics wheel Lilly in. Dr Choi runs over as he gloves up.

'Lilly Hinks, 19, collapsed. Cause unknown. No major bleeds, SATs 94 and GCS 3. All other obs normal.' One of the paramedics says.

'Baghdad.' Dr Choi says. They nod, wheel Lilly into the trauma room, transfer her into the bed and the paramedics leaves. 'You are?' He asks Sam.

'FBI.' Sam tells him. 'Some agents are on their way. They need to be with her at all times.' Right on cue, Nate returns with two agents. 'Stay with her. No one is to see her unless they have identification and you have checked it.' The two agents nod and Sam and Nate head out to their car. 

'Why we leaving her?' Nate asks. 'She's your informant.' 

'I need to do something.' Sam says as they get in. 'I need to see someone.' Sam then drives off. 

'Who?' Nate asks,

'I'll tell you later.' Sam says. After about 10 minutes, they pull up in front of Firehouse 51. 

'Isn't that the firehouse that responded to the explosion?' Nate asks and Sam nods. 'What are we doing here?' 

'As I said, I'll explain later.' Sam says. 'I won't be long.' She says as she unbuckles herself and walks up the driveway and into the stalls where sqaud are sitting at their table.

'Hey Severide.' Cruz says motioning to Sam walking in. He turns around and stands up. He then walks over to Sam.

'Can I help?' Kelly asks. 

'I'm looking for Shaylynn.' Sam says. As if, Shaylynn knew Sam was there she walks out into the stalls.

'Sam! Oh my god!' She exclaims as she walks over and hugs her. 'What are you doing here?' 

'Can we talk?' Sam asks.

'Sure.' Shaylynn nods. Shaylynn then leads Sam to the meeting room. 'What's up?' Shaylynn asks. 

'You remeber my first informant, Lilly?' 

'Yeah. why?' Shaylynn responds.

'She found me, cuts and bruises, passed out. She's at Med. She was unconscious when I left.' Sam says. 'I think it was her father who did it.'

'What can I do to help?' Shaylynn says. 

'You can get more access to anyone's private information than anyone. There's still some thinsg that we obviously don't know about Martin Hinks.' 

'You want me to find information about Hinks that you don't already know.' Shaylynn finsihes with a smile.

'I wouldn't normally ask but if I want this son of a bitch behind bars for good, I need a concrete background. Things that I can use against him.' Sam says.

'I've got you covered.' Shaylynn smiles. 'Now, before you go, let me introduce you to everyone. 'No arguments.' Sam laughs at her remark and nods. Sam then follows her into the common room where everyone is talking; when they see Shaylynn walk in with Sam, they stop.

'Who's this Shaylynn?' Casey asks.

'Everyone, this is my sister, well half sister, Samantha Voight, but she prefers to be called Sam.' Shaylynn smiles. Shaylynn then introduces Sam to everyone.

'This is Lieutenant Matt Casey, Stella Kidd, Randall McHolland or Mouch, Brian Zvonecek or Otis, he drives Truck, Christopher Herrmann is also on Truck but he's not here at the moment.' 

'It's alright. I already know him.' Sam says. 'There was this training thing at Qauntico and he was there.' Sam responds.

'Right. Anyway, Sylvie Brett works on Ambulance and you obviously know Gabby.' Shaylynn says. 

'Nice to meet you.' Sam grins.

'Let me to introduce you to sqaud.' Sam then follows Shaylynn back out to the stalls. 'Guys, I want to introduce you to someone.' She says and they look her way. 'Kelly this is my sister Sam, half sister. Sam this is my husband. The infamous Kelly Severide.' 

'Nice to finally meet you.' Kelly smiles as he shakes Sam's hand. 

'This is the rest of squad, Tony, Capp and Joe Cruz.' Shaylynn finishes. 

'Nice to meet you all.' Sam smiles. 'I need to get going, my collegue, Nate, is in the car waiting for me.'  

'OK.' Shaylynn nods. 'We'll met up for a drink soon.'

'Sounds like a plan.' Sam smiles. She then hugs Shaylynn and leaves.

'You never told me you had a sister.' Kelly says one Sam has left.

'With my job in the forces and the organization and hers in the FBI, we both thought it would be a good idea to not tell anyone about us unless we're both together or dad tells someone.' Shaylynn replies. 'It's for both our safety.' 

'That's what sisters are for.' Kelly smiles as he kisses Shaylynn. 

Once back in the car, Nate looks at Sam. 'You gonna tell me why we're here?' He asks.

'Not yet.' Sam sighs. 'I'll drop you home.' Nate nods and Sam drives off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO! Sam has a sister!

This is part of a collaboration with an author here on Wattpad RonnaSweeney. 

Check out her story. Sam will be appearing. You never know when so add it to your library. Whilst your there, check out her first book Three Teams, ONE Chicago. Here is the book that Sam will be appearing in:

 Here is the book that Sam will be appearing in:

I can't wait to see where this will go!