Chapter 19

After Kelly has finished his shift, Sam, Shaylynn and Kelly all head home. Then it dawns on Sam. 'I don't have any clothes!' She tells them. Shaylynn and Kelly look at each other and laugh. 'What?' She asks. 'You broke into my house and got some?'

'She didn't break in, she got a key cut when you first moved into that house.' Kelly laughs.

'I should have known.' Sam laughs back. When they pull up outside of Shaylynn's house, they see Martin standing on the other side of the street. 'For fuck sake.' Sam mutters. 

'What?' Shaylynn asks. Sam then points to Martin. They get out the car and Martin shouts over to them.

'Hey Sammy!' Martin shouts as he walks over to street. 

'What are you doing here?' Sam asks. 

'Oh, you haven't heard? I moved in across the street.' Martin smiles.

'You stay away from me, my family and my friends. If you don't I swear, I will arrest you and make sure you are put behind bars for life.  Capeesh?' Sam tells him. 

'You shot me. I'm sure I can use that against you.' Martin smirks.

'Oh, I had a reason. You had two kids hostage, so I'd think very carefully about your next move.' Sam tells him. 

'Come in, Sam.' Shaylynn tells her putting her hand on Sam's shoulder. Sam turns round and walks into the house with Shaylynn and Kelly. 'Someone do me a favour and put a bullet through his head.' 

'If you want him nailed for these fires and abductions then I'd leave him be.' Shaylynn tells her.

'Who are you and what have you done with my sister?' Sam asks taken aback.

'I just want to protect you. If he's killed, it will come back to you, especially with your history with him. Trust me Sam. I just want to protect you.' Shaylynn responds. 

'How about we all go for a drink at Molly's?' Kelly suggests. 

'Yeah sure.' Shaylynn nods. 'Sam, your room is up the stairs, 3rd one of the right.' 

'Yeah, I'll go get freshened up.' Sam adds. She then heads upstairs and hops into the shower. She then heads into her room and opens her wardrobe. She finds a white jumper, black dungarees and some white pumps out.

 She finds a white jumper, black dungarees and some white pumps out

She then dries her hair and brushed it back into a high ponytail. She then does a simple make-up look before meeting Shaylynn and Kelly downstairs. 'You took your own sweet time.' Shaylynn laughs. 

'Perfection takes time.' Sam smiles. She then notices that Shaylynn is wearing a dress with heels and Kelly is wearing a shirt with his top button undone, black jeans and some black pumps. 

'I feel under dressed.' Sam states.

'You look fine.' Shaylynn tells her. 

'Don't you mean "Good, now Stone won't be tempted to fuck you again."' Sam laughs imitating Shaylynn. 

'Pretty much.' Shaylynn laughs back.

Once at Molly's, Kelly and Sam sit at a table whilst Shaylynn goes to order their drinks. A few minutes later she returns with a lemonade for herself, a drink for Kelly and a soda for Sam. 'Please tell me there' Vodka or some sort of alcohol in this.' She says.

'No. I'm not having you drinking. If there's a chance you're pregnant, I don't want anything damaging that baby.' Shaylynn tells her sternly as she sits opposite Sam (who is sitting facing the door), next to Kelly. Sam then sees Peter walk in and he smiles at her. She smiles back and both Kelly and Shaylynn look back. Peter quickly walks to the bar.

'You two are like kids in a playground.' Kelly jokes.

'Aren't professionals aloud to have fun?' Sam asks in a serious tone. 

'Of course...' Kelly starts but Shaylynn puts her hand on his arm. 

'Kelly, she's joking.' She tells him. She then looks at Sam and they both burst out laughing. 

'I dread to imagine what you two were like as kids.' Kelly laughs as he takes a sip from his drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~