[13]: zen.

I woke up to the feeling of the bed vibrating underneath me.

I blinked a few times in attempt to un-blur my vision before my half-lidded eyes traveled toward the phone sitting next to me. A text message was shown on my lock screen, and I could already assume who it was.

Good morning, study buddy ^^

My head tilts slightly to the side, heat coming in contact with my cheeks. This girl...

I didn't bother to answer, only sitting up to stretch my back. I open my mouth to let out a loud yawn, checking the time before getting another message.

Did I wake you up? Good. I should be seeing you at school later.

The corners of my lips quirk upward, a chuckle slipping past my lips. Before I could register my own thoughts, I already had a response typed out and sent.

Gee, thanks.

She's quite amusing, I thought to myself, the grin on my lips never leaving.

Not getting up, I extended my arm to reach for my backpack. I pulled the bag closer to me and pulled out a somewhat decent outfit.

* * *

I didn't even realize it, but people were once again staring at me as if I was glowing. Camera lights flashed multiple times, bringing an uncomfortable feeling that I knew so well. Loud murmurs from people across the street with amazed and maybe even skeptical faces. I hated it.

Going outside was dreadful for me, always. People would crowd around me and ask if I was real, take pictures, pinch my cheeks, stare at me intensely-- it happened so often, I was used to the uncomfortable feeling.

I bite my lip and avoid the peoples' gaze, and the emotions bubbling in my stomach until I reached school. Coming to school with my motorcycle was ten times more exciting, but I was going to have to get used to walking to school at some point.

I entered the building without hesitation-- only hoping to escape the amount of attention I've been given. Out of all the gazes, one in particular stood out.

Making my way to my locker, a familiar pair of [e/c] eyes are practically attached to me. Curiosity builds up inside of me, causing me to look back at the girl to make sure she was actually staring.

She glances away quickly-- but not quick enough for me to not catch her. Her cheeks fade into a light pink and she speed walks out of my sight.

I simply sigh before continuing to walk.

After following the usual morning routine in school, I go to homeroom, and then eventually-- second period. I came in right before the bell, a bored expression painted on my face to greet [Y/N].

She exhales a laugh as I take my seat next to her. "You look just as excited for school as I am."

I want to laugh, just for her sake, but somehow I can't. Flustered, my cheeks heat up. She notices this and she offers a toothy grin in an understanding matter.

Relief floods into my features, inducing a giggle from her. "Um, thanks for.. doing what you did last night.. You didn't have to.." My voice trails off into awkward silence.

It was her turn to blush, "Oh my god.. Don't say it like that." Her voice was barely above a whisper. "Someone overhearing could take it the wrong way.."

It takes me a moment to understand what she means, but when I do, a completely unintentional laugh escapes my mouth. Her lips part, staring at me as I laugh-- almost in awe.

She shakes her head and brings herself out of her gaze, embarrassment easily visible in her expression. "Um.. We should get to work."

I lower my eyebrows in concern, but I still manage to nod.

* * *

"Aaaanddd.. The answer is 62," [Y/N] says, a smug smile curving her lips. I grit my teeth nervously, staring at my paper.

"Um.. I got negative eight.."

"Negative eigh-- what?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Yeah, I stick to acting for a reason."

She snorts in amusement, checking my paper for what I did wrong. "I'm sure you enjoy things other than acting-- which could include math..?"

"Yikes. No thanks." I shake my head aggressively, putting emphasis to my point. Her smile widens in response.

Silence fills the air and all we can both do is stare at my paper. I bite my lip in anticipation, trying to think of something to say--

She brings up a new topic, "Um.. about yesterday.." I bring my head up to form proper eye contact with her, eager for her to continue speaking. "How much longer are you going to stay in that motel..?"

I give myself a moment to think before answering, her eyes still glued to me in the process.

100 overall in cash. Thursday-- 20 in cash. Friday-- 20 in cash. Saturday-- 20 in cash. Sunday-- 20 in cash. Monday-- 20 in cash, but I managed to steal another 20.

I mutter out a curse in realization, a scared expression forming on my face. "... Today's my last day.."

Her eyes widened instantly. "What?!"

I take a deep breathe and remain silent, guilt shown in my face.

She looks down, frustrated, but overall concerned. She bites her lip, a blush creeping on her face. "You...... have to stay here!"

I immediately answer with a loud and clear 'no', words of denial escaping my mouth. "I can't bother you anymore... I can handle all of this, okay?"

"Not by yourself," She says. "Look, I chose to do all of this okay? I chose to help you, I chose to go to your house yesterday, I chose to provide you with food, and mostly-- I chose to be your friend. You can't just carry all your problems by yourself, you have to take some help."

Her kind words brought warmth into my heart somehow. She offers an assuring look, her eyes staring me down with something I couldn't describe. The pupils of her eyes grew so much bigger, her cheeks were a tinted pink, and her lips were tightly pressed into a thin line-- as if she wanted to say more.

Before I could examine her even further, my phone vibrated, breaking our stare and startling us both. 8:30 pm. [Y/N] huffed in annoyance.

"..... I should go," I tell her, hesitance noticeable in my voice.

She simply nods and mumbles something in agreement. I stuffed my backpack with supplies, stood up from the couch we sat on, and flashed her an awkward smile before leaving. After closing the door, I hear a loud sigh from inside.

She's acting weird.