[5]: you.

[ATTENTION: Please read this carefully, this chapter is quite important.]

Sitting up, my eyes slowly fluttered open. I rubbed them, and then forced myself to walk across my room to obtain my phone. 7:07 am.

I yawned loudly and made my way to my closet, examining my options. I blinked, then realizing.

Today is when I start tutoring Zen.

I wanted to look at least decent, so I pulled on the hangers, trying to find something nice. I didn't really want to be overdressed but I wanted to look okay. I usually put no effort into my outfits because I was lazy, but today was different.

After five minutes of searching for a nice top, I eventually gave up and just took a flannel. I shrugged it on and then buttoned it.

Whatever.

I searched around for my ripped jeans, throwing items across the room.

I finished getting dressed and skipped to the kitchen to open the refrigerator, finding a sticky note resting:

I hope you slept well, [Y/N]. I left some pancakes on the counter since I had to leave early for a business meeting.

I love you.

-Mum

I sigh, taking the note and crumpling it to throw it out.

I loved my mom, but it felt as if we were strangers living in she the same household.

I was understanding, of course. Ever since mom had a divorce with dad, it was up to her to support the family. We had enough money at this point, enough to a purchase a bigger, and nice house but she still works overtime to earn more money than she actually needed.

We decided on buying this small apartment when the divorce was occurring, since it was so cheap. Plus there was a man right across the building that sold really nice goldfish-shaped bread.

I couldn't believe we were moving out in a week. A lot happened in this apartment-- both bad and good things, but I knew I was going to miss it. Though it was small, and had only 2 bedrooms (with one bathroom), the apartment was homey and had a warm aura. The neighbors were generous and friendly, but that wasn't the big reason why I'd miss this apartment so much. The main reason was the rooftop.

The rooftop displayed a perfect view of the stars during the night time. Looking at the view was a way of calming me down-- motivating me, even. I didn't know if I would feel that way with our new house, but I was still thankful for my mom's hard work.

I shrugged my thoughts off and took the platter of evenly cooked pancakes, and took the syrup and batch of butter next to it.

I took a seat at the small dining table, while taking a butter knife and fork in the process. I placed the butter in the middle of the freshly made pancakes and poured a good amount of syrup.

* * *

I biked to school because the school was quite close. Taking off my backpack and parking my [f/c] bicycle, my eyes came in contact with a familiar pair of blue eyes; Willow's. I planned on saying hi but I saw her talking with another girl. Willow's cheeks were flushed, and her thin lips were curved into a forced and crooked smile. I soon decided against it, since I didn't want to be a third wheel.

After resting the straps of my backpack against my shoulders, I found grey smoke surrounding the entrance of the school, causing me to cough. I squinted my eyes as the smoke faded away, finding a black motorcycle with a guy resting on top, his outfit matching his ride.