[2]: zen.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The classroom was dead silent; the only things sounding were the clock and Mr. Hall typing away on his computer. I tapped my pen against the desk a few times in attempt to bring his attention to me. It felt as if he forgotten he had to talk with me. I sighed. I could've left by now...

I then noticed he had stop typing, with a smile curved on his lips. "Don't worry-- I haven't forgotten about you, Zen. Just give me a moment..." I rolled my eyes at his words, my eyes then trailing toward the clock to check the time.

Two minutes later, he stood up from his chair, pushing it aside and making his way to my desk. I looked up at him, with a bored expression.

"It's nice to have you again, after... Hmmm..... 6 ditched classes..? What a shame," He sarcastically said, his dark brown eyes looking at me. I pursed my lips in response to the tension in the room.

Mr. Hall takes a deep breathe, and placed a bundle of papers flat on my desk which I assumed to be the work I missed for the days I ditched. "This is all the work you missed. And as fun as catching you up sounds, I'm a busy man. Plus, I've been receiving a lot of emails from your mother informing me that this isn't the only class you constantly ditch. Is that correct?"

I furrowed my eyebrows when he mentioned my mother, "What do you want?"

"I don't want anything, but your mother does. She wants you to succeed but it seems like your not even trying. I personally think it'd be great to see an improvement," He told me, his voice low and serious. "So we exchanged emails, and we decided... Why not get a tutor?"

"... Who?"

"[Y/N] [L/N]."

I stared at Mr. Hall with pure disbelief, "You want her to tutor me?"

The teacher groaned at his student's immature reaction. He lowered his shoulders, gritting his teeth. "And why is it such a big deal? It can't hurt, can it?"

"She's already partners with me for Miss Arthur's project," I informed him, running my fingers through my hair.

Mr. Hall formed a smirk on his lips, "Exactly. Me and Miss Arthur were planning it all along."

"But why? I don't do my homework, I fail tests because I don't study, and mostly, I ditch class. These are all choices, I chose to do all of these. Maybe I just don't want to become better at these subjects.." I complained, lowering my eyebrows.  It was true. I didn't want to become better at math, or english, I wanted to become an actor mostly. Or produce music. I'm working hard to achieve my goals, but I've never seen anyone support it except for my brother-- but we slowly grew apart.

He raised an eyebrow, "And why is that? You think your good looks will get you far in life? You think just because your better looking than most people, you'll live stress-free and perfect life?" We formed eye contact, his eyes searching for an answer in mine. He decides to continue, "Let me tell you this, Hyun. You will be successful, but not in the way anyone would want. People will swoon over you because your attractive, but that's it. You're not special, Zen. You're not passing any classes, your mom constantly emails me because you keep failing, and it seems like the only reason you're known around this school is because of your looks. If it weren't for your beauty, you'd be nothing."

Ouch.

First my mom, then my brother, and now my own teacher?

"I will make sure to contact your mother. She will start tutoring you tomorrow," He informed me, his voice stern and cold.

I turned around to start packing up my books, and then headed out without another word. The hall was completely empty, so I used the time to go to the bathroom. I first went to my locker so I could stuff all my books in, then made my way to the boy's bathroom. I sighed in relief since no one was here. I went into one of the stalls, shutting it and then locking it. I swallowed the lump in my throat, trying to avoid tears coming out. I felt like a complete wuss, but his words hurt like hell.

I covered my face in the palms of my hands, panting heavily. I was trying to calm down, but it seemed like I was doing the complete opposite. An idea popped into my head, when I remembered I had a pack of cigarettes in my backpack. I sighed at the thought.