[16]: you

Guess who's not dead? ;)

I really apologize for the lack of updates during May, June and July. May-June were really sad months for me so idk man. I guess my sadness got to me and I lost creativity, stopped writing, etc. I should've announced that I was taking a hiatus. I was pretty busy during July too.

I want to make it up to you guys so once or twice a week sounds good, right? Again, I'm really sorry and thanks for sticking around.

~ Alice

6:30 pm

We decided to skip the study session and instead spend the next hour on karaoke. After the Grease duet, all we wanted just for today was, really, to enjoy. The last few days were a bit heavy, and we agreed to use this day to simply have fun.

I bobbed my head along to our last song tonight, my voice worn out from practically yelling out all the lyrics. Zen laughs as he watches me rub my throat.

"God, I think I lost my voice," I weakly confess, my voice softer than usual.

Zen is clearly amused at me, "Yeah, you were really into it."

I playfully elbowed him in the stomach, a wide grin plastered on my lips, "It was fun, right?"

"Honestly?" He returns the sweet grin. "The most fun I've ever had my life. Thank you."

I scan his face. It's the first time I've ever seen him so happy. The gleam in his eyes say it all-- and a spark of self confidence settles in my chest.

I make him happy.

I look away from him and I realize my heart is literally racing. It was a feeling I'm completely new to. I swallow my saliva.

Pull yourself together, you piece of shit. I mentally slap myself.

I give him a crooked smile, "I--"

Ding dong!

"I'll get it," I say, a sense of relief washing over me.

I got up from the couch and walked on over to the door. I opened the door to meet eyes with my mom's, the happiness from before immediately replaced by worry.

She simply sighs, reaching down to take off her heels.

"I heard the neighbors complaining earlier," She starts, the tone in her voice sounding displeased. I knew exactly where she was going with this.

"Yeah? What about?" I question, acting dumb.

Mom finally stands tall in front of me, both her heels gripped in one hand. "They heard you doing karaoke with someone else. A guy, specifically."

A nervous expression formed on my face. "Mom..."

I can tell she is exhausted from work so I move away to let her in. "I just want to go to bed today. We'll talk tomorrow."

"Okay..."

I bit my lip as I watch her enter her room. All I could do was just stand there. It was the only thing I had strength to do, anyway.