[12]: you.

Riiiing!

Miss Arthur is immediately marking Zen absent, seeing he was not seated next to me. A weird and new feeling filled my chest as I bite my lip. We were instructed to discuss the project more, but he wasn't here.

Part of me was skeptical, believing he was probably outside smoking a cig. I spaced out for a minute or two and then took out my phone to text him.

You ok? You're not in school.

I looked up from my phone, scanning the room as light chatters filled the room. Feeling a vibration, I look down once again.

Yeah, thanks. I got sick over the weekend.

A sigh escaped my mouth. 'Yeah right. I saw you yesterday and you looked fine,' I wanted to say, but I knew it was none of business.

I did see him yesterday, though.

He was outside the fish shaped bread stand, just when I was across the street about to buy some as well. Before I knew it, his face scrunched into an expression full of disgust, and he was in a heated argument with another man.

I know too much. It's none of my business. We've only started talking for less than a week. I don't know why I care about him so much.

I shut my phone off and then hid it in my pocket. I gazed at the clock for a full 30 seconds, realizing this was going to be a long day.

* * *

The last bell finally rung, inducing a sigh of relief from me. Today turned out to be a pretty boring day-- Willow avoided me once again to chat with the other girl, and Hyun wasn't here.

I sped walked out my way out of school with my backpack hung on my shoulders, checking my phone for the tenth time today. I felt a bit empty since there was no study session with Zen today.

No notifications.

Once I was out of school, I hopped on my bike and took the usual route home. On the way home, constant thoughts piled up in my head-- about Hyun, of course.

I want to know more about him. After encountering two conversations involving him, how could I not.

I'll call him later, I decided, guilt forming in my chest. I could be annoying him, but he had such a serious issue.

A teenage runaway? Thinking about it drove me crazy.

I was so lost in my own thoughts I didn't even realize that the fish bread stand right across from me. I mentally decided on buying some-- as comfort food.

Pulling out some money, I offered the man a smile. We exchange our usual greetings, and he hands me some bread before telling me to have a nice day.

Once I was back home, I lazily dropped my bag on the floor and laid on the couch to rest. I took a bite of bread, and stared at my phone.

Feeling impatient, I dialed Zen's number and held the phone against my ear as I munched on my bread. After a few seconds, the line finally connects and I'm greeted with a deep breathe.