28. Shape Of You

Kendall slowly opened her eyes, realising her season of waking up was a kiss being placed on her cheek. She smiled sheepishly at the strangely familiar yet unforseen gesture and glanced at Cara sleepily.

Through her blur vision she could spot the blonde girl with a towel wrapped around her hair. She was wearing one of Kendall's oversized shirts with nothing but underwear.

"Morning sleepy giraffe." Cara teased, going back to drying her hair with the towel. Kendall stretched her arms over her head as she let out a yawn.

"Morning." The brunette smiled, leaning against the headboard as she observed Cara. She ran a hand through her hair, her smile only growing wider at the sight of the blonde girl brushing her wet hair.

"You're awfully early for you." Kendall commented, not tearing her eyes from the older girl's figure.

"Well you're awfully late for you. What time do you usually get up? Four?" She teased looking at kendall through the mirror with a mischievous grin.

"Actually, I don't get much sleep these days. So you're not completely wrong. Though four is a limit, even for me." Kendall chuckled as she nodded with a sad aura around her. At that response, Cara walked towards the bed, where the younger girl was.

"You poor thing." Cara smiled adoringly as she sat down beside the brunette. Kendall chuckled at the expression on the older girl's face.

"Shut up, I'm not five!" Kendall argued playfully as she pushed Cara lightly on the arm.

"Yeah.. Sure." Cara responded, a teasing smile on her lips. She was aware of the mess they both had created for each other. And just like the younger girl, she didn't want to go through anything like that again.

"I just wanna say.. Let's not let anything like that happen again." Cara tried, taking a hold of Kendall's hand as she looked right into her eyes.

"I don't remember hating anyone like I hated you then, but I never missed anyone more." Cara explained. "That's how I knew it was love."

"I agree. That was a shitload of hell that we went through." Kendall smiled, pulling a laughing Cara in for a hug. "It's very rare to hear you curse." The blonde giggled but made herself comfortable in the warm embrace.

"Well you're not exactly a good influence, are you?" Kendall shot back, placing a kiss on the older girl's neck that smelled like her freshly sprayed perfume and shampoo.

"I never was, actually." Cara agreed as she pulled back. "Not even at school. Students' parents always came to talk to our teacher to see if they could change theit child's seat."

At that revelation, Kendall laughed wholeheartedly. "My mom should've known better, then!" She joked. "Oh I definitely did have a bad influence or two on you." Cara chucked, bruahing her now less wet hair with her hand.

"I love you." Kendall uttered once more out of the blue. The conversation was headed in a completely different direction but Kendall felt like saying that very sentence at that moment.

"I love you." Cara leaned in for a proper kiss on the lips but the brunette got away, rushing towards the bathroom.

"What's wrong?" Cara asked, quite confused.

"I'm definitely not going to let you kiss me with a morning breath." Kendall argued, entering the bathroom with no more hesitation. She closed the door and not long after, Cara could hear the water running.

Kendall was still showering when her doorbell rang, startling a Cara who was drying her hair. She put down the hairdryer and the brush.

Before leaving the room, she hesitated about telling Kendall that she had a visitor. But figuring it was probably nothing of that much importance, decided against it. She was certain Kendall wouldn't mind her opening the door.