32. Tell Your Friends About It

Kendall and Cara walked down the stairs of the Jenner household hand in hand. Their presence was pretty much unknown for all family members except for Kylie and Khloe who could clearly see the duo.

"Kendall made it on time! We should name today as the official Punctuality day on the calendar." Kylie exclaimed, chuckling at the way Kendall rolled her eyes.

"What? Just to honour you." Kylie smiled, shrugging innocently as if she couldn't understand the reason behind Kendall's eye roll.

That was definitely more than enough to make everyone notice them. Polite greetings and words of cheerfulness were exchanged on the table then. With most polite and cold ones being directed to Cara, of course.

"You didn't tell me we had guests over." Caitlyn smiled bewilderedly at the blonde girl sitting across from her. "We could have brought a few people over as well."

"She's my girlfriend." Kendall replied with a threatening smile as if she was warning Caitlyn to be more aware of her sentences. "My girlfriend isn't exactly considered a guest, right?"

There was a short silence which Kendall and Cara used, to sit down and make themselves comfortable. As comfortable as one could manage with the tension.

"I don't think we've ever met before." Scott tried to break the heavy atmosphere that was developing rapidly, leaving Caitlyn and Kendall in their staring contest.

"Do I need to introduce myself?" Cara asked with a chuckle, making everyone smile thankfully at her successfully attempt of easing the tension.

"No. Mase can do it even better than you can, don't worry." Scott trailed off, laughing at the redness that was immediate to reach his son's cheeks.

"That's not true!" The young boy argued, crossing his arms on his chest in protest, which only caused Scott's smile to broaden. He loved seeing some traits of himself appear in his son.

"When did you two meet?" It was Kim, who broke the silence this time. It seemed like she had been building up the courage to ask this since the moment the girls had arrived. Yet, she didn't do it right away.

Her question, somehow, silenced everyone's mumbling and murmuring around the table, and focused everyone's genuine attention on the couple sitting before them.

"We.." Kendall trailed off, but couldn't find the proper words to answer. We met and almost had sex on the VMA's. Doesn't exactly sound like the beginning of a romance.

"We met each other with George, actually." Cara began. "It was before the filming, that he wanted us to click for the roles. And get to know each other better." She finished.

"So was it like a workplace thing?" Kourtney asked with a frown making it to her lips. "I mean.."

"It doesn't matter." Kendall replied, more steadily as if she didn't want to continue discussing this matter anymore. "It's a very long story." She shrugged, trying to sneak out of the question as she put a piece of the food on her plate into her mouth.

"Doesn't sound like a clean sheet to me. I bet there was a bunch of embarrassing moments involved." Kanye uttered as he leaned back on his seat, feeling quite amused by the direction the conversation seemed to be headed towards.

"We're having dinner! Stop putting everything on me! Like.." Kendall looked around, trying to find something worthy of distracting them. "Where's Rob?" She asked, quite genuinely with a soft, surprised tone.

"He said he was running late. And this one here was too hungry to wait." Kim pointed at Kylie, who gasped at her sister's words in fake offense.

"I wasn't the one who ate half of the kitchen before dinner even was ready! I would mistake you for a starved person if I didn't know it was you!" The youngest Jenner replied, making everyone let out a laugh as Kim gasped.