Chapter 1

Karin Uzumaki
Age: 20
Physical appearance:
Hair: Long, red hair
Eyes: red eyes
Height: 5 feet, 4 inches
Kekkei Genkai: Incomplete version of Adamatine Sealing Chains- Can contain the 9 tails with chains.
Unique Ninjutsu: Mind's eye of Kagura- allows her to sense any targets' chakra signature from great distances. 
Personality: Sometimes appears tough and violent, while other times appears very flirtatious.

Karin POV

"Hey, Karin!!" a guy with a mushroom haircut, bushy eyebrows, and an embarrassingly tight spandex green suit yells out to me. "Wanna join us for lunch?"

I barely lift my head and stuff my hands in deeper into my pockets. Who needs that? Lunch with Jounin of the Leaf Village? Waste of time. Especially when I feel like they're all hiding a deep, dark secret that'll just explode in my face if I befriend them. Knowing the Jounin of this village, they were all masters of hiding things. Something dangerous and ugly is hiding behind each of their smiling faces.

So I ignore him. Just keep strolling on by. I hear him calling after me but I keep on ignoring him, my mind being warped into thought.

After a few weeks of recuperation, Lady Tsunade tried to get me to make friends. But that isn't going to happen. After all, I'm not staying in the village for long. After my first night here, when I remembered that someone was after me, I was constantly sharpening my skills of observing my surroundings so that I will never be caught off guard and attacked. I know that I can't stay here long, or else I'd endanger both myself and the generous village that took me in. They didn't know anything about me and were still willing to help out an injured stranger. I don't know exactly what's after me but I wouldn't want anyone else getting hurt like I was.

Speaking of sharpening my skills of observation, I sense someone following me and my lips twitch up in a secret smirk. I don't know who they think they're dealing with, but honestly, Fifth Hokage? Sending an Anbu to follow me? Their steps are light and they walk a good distance behind me but I can sense their flowing energy almost as well as I can my own. It's a dark and secretive one and I almost roll my eyes in the predictability of the situation.

I know that Lady Tsunade knows close to nothing about me still, even though it's been a month since I woke up in the hospital, but trailing behind me doesn't prove anything to me other than what I already suspected: she's sent an Anbu to make sure that I don't uncover anything that she's hiding.

Two people walking right toward me has me lifting my head. "Hey, Rin," Kurenai, another fellow Jonin, calls from right in front of me.

I at least nod my head to acknowledge her. She looks stunning as usual, her white dress bringing out the red of her eyes. Her swollen belly looks surprisingly good on her. Not that I can say I know how she looked like without the baby bump. As I've come to expect during the month that I've been here, Shikamaru Nara is a step behind her and my lips twitch up again. Word around the village was that after Kurenai's lover, Asuma died, leaving her pregnant with their child, Shikamaru had taken up guard over his sensei's lover.

How did I find out about that? Ironically, ninjas are a bunch of old ladies when it comes to gossip.

I look at Kurenai, then at Shikamaru. I don't bother with them either, knowing that they've got disaster spelled in their DNA as well. Though Kurenai is really pretty and she's only been nice to me since I've gotten here, I'm still very wary of her. She carries glossed over pain in her eyes.

"Join us for lunch," Shikamaru says, extending the invite. He looks painfully bored and his invitation sounds like it's been practiced since he surely doesn't look like he meant it. But again, that's nothing new.