Chapter 33

Karin POV

True to his word, Kakashi takes me out to a really nice restaurant for lunch. Lady Tsunade said she didn't need him at work today but we both knew she was really letting him off the hook for today so we can get some down time together. She may not look it but Lady Tsunade was a romantic at heart.

Kakashi pulls out my seat and when I sit down, he comes around to take his seat across from me. "How are you feeling?" he asks.

I roll my eyes. "I'm fine, Kakashi. I'm not going to just fall back into the coma if you stop asking me that."

He gives me a small smile. "I know that. I'm just worried about you, you know."

I take his hand and squeeze it. "I know and thank you for that. But I'm really okay."

He squeezes back and gives me a wider smile. "Okay, I believe you."

I smile back and we start to order. We talk about everything and nothing and then Kakashi remembers that we have to speak to Naruto today.

"That kid is so popular now. Since he played such a huge role in ending the war, he's got so many admirers. His dream of becoming Hokage is infinitely closer now."

That makes me really happy. "I can't wait until we tell him that I'm his aunt. I've been dying to tell him every since I found out."

Kakashi laughs. "Boy do I know that."

I laugh too. "I haven't really had a chance to see him since I woke up. Like you said, he was just so busy all the time. How are we going to pin him down and get him separated from his fans for a few moment to break the news to him?"

Kakashi takes a sip of water so quickly I almost haven't seen him bring his mask off and on. I grin. So I guess he was still hiding his face. It makes me feel all gooey inside to know that I'm the only one that knows what that mask hides- a truly spectacular face that makes my heart jump every time. "Although he changed so much during the war, he's still the same ramen monster. We'll most likely find him at Ichiraku's."

I laugh, thinking of how my nephew loved his ramen. I remember when I brought ramen over to Naruto when he was training. He declared "I'm a ramen monster" with such pride, I can't help but laugh now.

Kakashi sighs, a soft smile appearing on his face, easing the hard edges around his eyes. "That kid really has grown so much. He's finally pulled his head out of his ass and he's finally asked Hinata out." He shakes his head and laughs. "She's been in love with him for so long and he's never seen her like that. Until now."

We talk for a while more after that and then we go Naruto hunting. Just like Kakashi said, we found the young man at Ichiraku's, stuffing himself with ramen. Stacked near him is a pile of five empty bowls.

Kakashi and I share a knowing glance and I laugh. Naruto turns around and when he sees me, he jumps right off his chair and comes charging toward me. "Karin-Sensei!! You're up!"

I smile at him. "Yes, I'm up. I haven't seen you in a while. You look so much more mature."

He laughs and scratches the back of his neck. "I'm pretty much the same though."

I rub my belly. "I can see that."

"So what are you guys doing here? Taking a walk?"

Kakashi glances over at me and when I nod, Kakashi gives me an okay to start talking. "We actually came looking for you," I admit. "We knew we'd find you here."

Naruto's smile disappears. "What did you guys want to talk to me about?"

I invite him over to our house and Naruto follows me and Kakashi back to the building complex. I make some tea and then seat everyone around the kitchen table. Kakashi takes my hand under the table and I flash him a grateful smile.