Chapter 4: Loves and Threats

A pale sun rises over Sweden today. Stockholm slowly awakens to the new day. In the clergy of death, the situation nearly turned to tragedy, but fortunately there were no deaths. By cons, Mathias has been seriously affected by the radius and is still unconscious. The Ghouls have moved him in a room upstairs to he resume its forces. Mathias is lying on a bed in a room of average size, at gothic aspect, and still has not opened his eyes. Someone is at his bedside. This is Tara, the female ghoul. She really regrets having done this to Mathias. Another person enters the room. This is Emily, still wearing her dress of queen, who comes to see if Mathias is better. But no change. A few minutes before, Tara explained to the group, Vulom, the dark parasite, the conspiracy against the clergy.... She has everything explain. She wanted to stay with Mathias, although Papa Emeritus distrusts her. Tara turns to Emily to talk her.

(Tara): "It's my fault, I'm sorry if I put your friend in this situation."

(Emily): You seem to love him, to talk like this? "

(Tara): "Well ..... Yes."

So it is true, Tara loves Mathias. The young man slowly opens his eyes and turns his head toward the two women. When he sees Emily with the dark dress and the diadem, he seems surprised.

(Mathias): "Emily? What is this outfit? Where i am?"

She did not have time to reply him, Mathias fainted again, still too low. Tara decides to stay at his bedside to heal his wound to the chest. Emily leaves the room and down the great stone stair to join Papa Emeritus II, which is in the chapel. In another room, the Nameless Ghouls are seated at a large table and discuss them. In the bedroom, Tara heals the great burning that Mathias has to the chest, because of the radius. She quenching a towel in the water and begins to gently rub. Then, the young man opened his eyes again and looked Tara in the eyes, and smiled.

(Mathias): "So it's true ..... You love me?"

(Tara): "Have you heard?"

(Mathias): "Of course."

The young female ghoul does not want to hide. She confesses that she loves him from the beginning and she really regret to have throwing him this curse. Mathias gently takes Tara's hand and speaks softly.

(Mathias): "Listen, this is not your fault. From what I've heard, it's your leader, Vulom, who wanted this, you must obey him to stay alive. "

Tara smiles and is happy that Mathias is not in anger against her. The young woman hesitated at first, but she slowly advance the head and kisses Mathias. A short kiss, but sincere. The young man did not try to push her and to let her do it. He is even quite happy. But Mathias is still low and still fainted once. Tara continues to cure him, blushing and thinking back to the kiss. Meanwhile, Emily continues to seek Papa Emeritus, but she finds him anywhere. Then she returns to the upstairs and sees him, outside on the large balcony of the clergy. He seems to look at the sky, thoughtfully. She walks outside to join him and sits right next to him to watch the sky. In the distance they can see Stockholm. Papa Emeritus smiled to Emily and put his hand around her waist, to get closer to her. The young woman blushed and smiled.

(Emeritus): "I hope I did not do too much harm to your friend but it was to protect you."

(Emily): "I know. Tara heals him. Mathias is between good hands."

(Emeritus): "You trust Tara?"

(Emily): "She loves Mathias, and she seems very sincere I saw in his eyes and his manner of speaking. This love seems really sincere, like us."

The dark pope did not know what to think but after all, he trusted to Emily, he can also trust her friends. Then, Papa Emeritus is looking for something in his pocket and hands it to Emily. It is a silver pendant, which is the symbol of Ghost, with a small metal chain.

(Emeritus): "Hold, this for you."

(Emily): "Oh, thank you. It is really lovely."

Papa Emeritus stands behind Emily and puts the collar around the neck of the young woman. When he has done, Emily admires the collar around her neck and turns to the dark pope. She puts her arms around his neck and kissed him lovingly. Papa Emeritus puts his arms around the waist of Emily, like to keep her close to him forever. The kiss lasted several minutes. Suddenly, a dark vortex appears on the balcony and the air becomes cold and threatening. Vulom out of the vortex, and in seeing Papa Emeritus with Emily, he grins slyly.

(Vulom): "Oh excuse me, I bother you perhaps?"

(Emeritus): "Disappear vermin! You still have not understood? You never get the throne of darkness!"

Vulom again sneers and turns his look to Emily and looks at her. He grinds his sharp teeth and fact few steps forward.

(Vulom): "So it's you, the young human woman that Papa Emeritus at chooses to be the queen of darkness? Do you know who I am?"

(Emily): "Yes, Emeritus told me about you. You're a heartless murderer who wants to dominate the world."

(Vulom): "Well, well, nasty words for a pretty face like yours. But you see, I am much more powerful than you think. Are you interested by the power?"

(Emily): "Listen to me I know what you are trying to make. Power does not interest me. I love Papa Emeritus, and he loves me too. You do not know what is the love, you are only interested by the power and hatred. I will never love you! Go to hell!"

Vulom begins to growl angrily. No woman dared to speak to him like that and resisted this way.

(Vulom): "Perfect, I would have warned you, but now I'm going to get serious! In a few days if you do not give me the throne of darkness, I will launch my army to attack the clergy. You will all destroy and I will finally reign. You have been warned. "

Tara, Mathias, who woke up, and the Nameless Ghouls, all arrive on the balcony and see Vulom. The dark lord turned to Tara, and when he sees that she holds the hand of Mathias, he guesses right away.

(Vulom): "Traitor! I will kill you with my own hands!"

He disappears into another vortex and calm returns in the clergy. Unfortunately, threats of Vulom are not to be taken lightly. If he says that there will be an attack, it will take place.

(Emily): "What do we do now?"

(Emeritus): "If an army of darkness attacks us, we will have no chance of defeating. There are not many solutions: We must go into the world of darkness to try to find the most dangerous and evil creatures, and convince them to help us. This is the only solution. "

This seems to be very dangerous, but it is the only way to save the earth and prevent war between humanity and the world of darkness, the group has no other choice. Decisions are made: while the Nameless Ghouls will remain to the clergy to monitor and prepare defenses, two groups will go into the world of darkness to search for creatures: Emily go with Papa Emeritus and Mathias go with Tara. The young ghoul woman gives something to Mathias: a dark armor, with spikes, black mittens and black boots. He now looks like a warrior of shadow. Now they must no longer to waste time. The big adventure in the darkness world begins.

TO BE CONTINUED….